Solo drops to the ground

Reaction score
After downloading the latest Android update today on my Galaxy Tab 2S, I took off with 10 sats, up about 40' right above me when it said "return home" and just started dropping fast. I hit the Fly button; nothing, then it said lost GPS and kept dropping until it hit the unlevel ground, flipped; it said "Crash" and the motors stopped. I broke all 4 props, otherwise no damage. I came back to WiFi source, sent in trouble ticket and then found the Solo update 2.4.0; downloaded it and went back out with new props.

This time I went to a wide open flat field, was up only 20' and it dropped about 5' 3 times and I increased altitude to compensate and then it just came all the way down to the ground with no message from the controller. I sent in another trouble ticket. Does anyone know what this problem might be or have had this problem before?

if you are taking off in fly manual without lock this has been reported to happen when lock is established
but that has only been reported on 2.4

Waiting on a response. Somebody suggested recalibration which I did and will try again tomorrow. Running low on props!!

holiday weekend so they may take a while to get back.
also do not forget to try the support chat. more effective sometimes than email

Hope you get it sorted out

7-3-2016 Update.
As suggested, I recalibrated the compass and level; back to normal!
It still gives me a message "Solo cannot take off from unlevel ground" however it then says calibrating sensors and goes to "Fly".
Thanks for everyone's help. I'm assuming it's prudent to recalibrate after every SW update.

Reactions: Maddog
7-3-2016 Update.
As suggested, I recalibrated the compass and level; back to normal!
It still gives me a message "Solo cannot take off from unlevel ground" however it then says calibrating sensors and goes to "Fly".
Thanks for everyone's help. I'm assuming it's prudent to recalibrate after every SW update.
I am getting the same "unlevel ground" message even though Solo is on a level surface. It calibrates and goes to fly. Never happened before 2.4,

Yes, wise to recalibrate after updates.:)

Reactions: aidanlou
I find that launching off of a plywood or plastic sheet (the sheet is about 1.5 cm thick) helps a lot with the "solo will not take off of supposedly unlevel ground " even if the ground is pretty level but that is not always the most convenient thing to carry around all the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado