Solo Drone in 15-20 Knot Wind

Reaction score
Amazing performance in difficult conditions.
Notice the windsock...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So I suppose its a boat club now, at least for a little while anyway.
Looks good Jet.
I was out today in 20-25 knots and Solo was getting thrown around, but handled itself very well.

Last edited:
I'll admit that the Solo is solid even it strong winds but anything over 12mph's I don't even take it up anymore as I'm to worried about it smashing into the ground and breaking into little tiny pieces.

Was desperate to fly on Saturday, winds were well over 20MPH. It handled very well considering. No way a littler bird could have done the same.

I've been wondering how much I dare fly in the wind. I'm used to a Parrot which SO sucked, the slightest breeze would send it head over heels. Now I know I can be more confident.
To quote Captain Archer - "You can't be afraid of the wind."

I've been wondering how much I dare fly in the wind. I'm used to a Parrot which SO sucked, the slightest breeze would send it head over heels. Now I know I can be more confident.
To quote Captain Archer - "You can't be afraid of the wind."
As long as you're in fly mode - using GPS - you will be able to handle moderate winds just fine. My Parrots do somersaults in the wind too!

I've flown in Iceland in variable winds between 10 and 16 meters per second winds, which I think equates to 35 miles per hour or about 30 knots.

NOT recommended, but a surprising amount of the footage was useable and the Solo seemed to handle the winds. At one point it was practically 90 degrees sideways just holding position.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M