Solo DOA

Reaction score
I received my Solo yesterday but was unable to successfully update the firmware. After an hour with Tech Support, I have to send it back to be replaced. Have any others had a similar problem? Bummer as I had to wait quite a long time to acquire the Solo in the first place.

What was going on with your update. I wonder it it was thew new firmware that just came out.

What was going on with your update. I wonder it it was thew new firmware that just came out.
very well could be the new firmware
you have problems after you did the update to yours and it was released yesterday.

I haven't updated the firmware yet, so wait.... I just flew yesterday afternoon between 1:30 and 2pm EST.. There has been an update since then?

the question is will you be able to fly your solo if you don't do this firmware update or will this be a mandatory update in order to fly

I'm thinking if you connect your tablet to the Solo and not the internet, it will not know an update is out there.

No, I think I have it stuck now.

Hoping its something they can resolve over phone. If not I have another plan.

i am going to hold off updating mine for now.
i sent Ruben an e mail about this.
we will see.

No, I think I have it stuck now.

Hoping its something they can resolve over phone. If not I have another plan.
You did a reset and same thing...
During the update the controller went off, or completely blank. In the app it said the controller would go off and to wait. So I waited, seemed like a couple of minutes then it came back on and showed the check mark that it had completed the update. Then I went to power off the controller and it would not. Had to pull the battery. Powered everything back up and checked the app and it said it was up to date.

I am trying the reset. The reset on controller seemed fine and says update required but wont connect to Solo now. I tried repairing it and no luck. So trying resetting solo and it does not complete.

Did mine this morning. Had to download from app store, then connect device (iPad) to computer, sync, then turn on solo and controller, then do update but went well. I couldn't get update until I d/l'd from app store.

I could not get past the Update screen on the controller, never got the green check. Then controller would not turn off and had to do the battery thing. I then was unable to reconnect via wifi and pairing did not work. After an hour the Tech gave up and is sending a return slip. Never did get the initial update. Under settings, there is still no info on what version firmware I have on Solo and Controller.

Under settings, there is still no info on what version firmware I have on Solo and Controller.

That is because you cant connect. I needs to connect from your phone/tablet to the controller to get that info and then to the actual solo to get the rest.

Will show blank if they are not communicating.

How long for Checking for Update to last. Mine seems to be stuck there on the ipad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40