SOLO disassembly and custom paint job How to video up

favorite color

• gold

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • green

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
hey guys ! im attatching the video I made from this weekend , showing how to completely take solo apart to where you can customize the outer shell , legs etc !!

Cheers and safe flying
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just a word of warning being in the paint industry just not any old paint can be used on plastic. There are many types of plastic out there if the paint does not bond well enough it won't be long before you will regret painting your $1000 + Solo. I would always test the paint on the inside plastic first once dry try to remove just with your finger nail, the other test would be to try a medium strong solvent if it attacks the plastic a similar paint will bond by melting into the plastic if not it will just sit on top and scratch off.

yes I have a paint background too! I used the green solos for a test and painted it with plasti dip which is removable ! Then I went ahead and used real paint with not a problem 4 coats doesn't scratch at all

hey guys ! im attatching the video I made from this weekend , showing how to completely take solo apart to where you can customize the outer shell , legs etc !!

Cheers and safe flying
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Nice job, and nice video. Awesome your son is so in to it and knowledgeable :)

Livefast,

Love the kid! What a great hobby to share with your Son. Kid you did an awesome job! I learned a great deal from your presentation!

Dad, remove the gimbal data cable "before" the HDMI cable, duuhhh!

Jerry
we are actually brothers lol

I was hoping for some lessons learned from the actual painting part but the disassembly was definitely helpful too. What kinda paint did you use? How many coats? Any sanding in between? Dry time? Etc. I think I'm the only one that has voted for the gold one. I think it looks great against the motor pods and battery.I like the sheen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo