Solo Controller Signal Lost After Takeoff

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

First off I love my solo. Today I started playing around with auto missions and Mission Planner. First mission went great. Second mission went well but at the end I lost the connection to the controller and it RTH just fine.

So I went in the house double checked batteries and such. Loaded the logs and sure enough right at the end of the flight there is a err:RADIO-2 shortly after it show err:FAILSAFE_RADIO-1.

So, I charge up the batteries good. Go back outside and try again. Good Satelites, Spin up the Motors, Take Off. Loose connectioin. It lands nicely.

Repeated this a number of times. Simply restart the solo and try again. Good signal each time until it suddenly shows the error screen on the controller.

I even connected mission planner to make sure the flight mode was correct.

Oh and I'm in the middle of nowhere there are two very weak wifi signals and that's about it. GOPRO wifi is also off.

Before I tear things down and check connections inside any ideas?

If this is only happening in MP and not when flying solo outside tower I would not tear it down.
there is a parameter you can set in MP that tells solo to ignore tx failsafe during a mission, and to complete said mission regardless of tx signal
just remember to set that back to default when you are done

If this is only happening in MP and not when flying solo outside tower I would not tear it down.
there is a parameter you can set in MP that tells solo to ignore tx failsafe during a mission, and to complete said mission regardless of tx signal
just remember to set that back to default when you are done

It happens with and without MP connected. The Solo app looses connection also when this happens. It's almost as if the network fails for some reason after liftoff and then resets when I reboot the solo.

I do have aftermarket wifi cards and antennas on the solo. Kinda wonder if there isn't a loose connection inside.

Has Solo crashed or hard landing? has controller dropped, If answer yes to 1 or both, then yes you need to preform exploratory surgery ASAP!

LOL, If you need help, just ask.

On Solo, After inspecting antenna connections at the WiFi card & Before closing, wrap a thin Zip Tie around the two connection points of antenna leads & warp around going underneath the card.
I never trusted just those "Snap-on" terminals with a dab of hot glue to connect antenna leads to WiFi cards!

Hope this help

No hard landings or crashes. Although the first mission I ran from MP I forgot to set the flight speed of the survey. Needless to say the survey went really fast with a lot of quick movements and jarring. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the antennas shook loose in that flight. I'll crack her open and check. I've been meaning to do it anyway and make a couple of other adjustments while I have her opened up.

Thanks Guys

How much you wanna bet this is the culprit!

IMG_0935.JPG

New wires ordered. Not sure how they were laying in there to get pinched. But I'll make sure that doesn't happen again. Something tells me that when it took off there was just enough flex in the body and the boards to loose the connection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986