Solo Controller Diversity

Reaction score
I did some searching and couldn't find what I was looking for. The controller has two antennas and I see people doing various mods for better or more reliable comms. Does it use two antennas for diversity or are they for two separate comms systems? Given what I know about the Solo, I assume it's just diversity but I haven't found anything with my searching. For longer range, I was an omni and patch or helical antenna but wanted to make sure of if the two antennas were for diversity or other functions.

That is what I have seen as I have searched around but I'm still wondering, are there two antennas for diversity or for some other purpose?

I have seen several posts on this forum claiming that Solo uses MIMO, but I cannot personally confirm that this is true. Search the forums for MIMO and decide for yourself.

I did some searching and couldn't find what I was looking for. The controller has two antennas and I see people doing various mods for better or more reliable comms. Does it use two antennas for diversity or are they for two separate comms systems? Given what I know about the Solo, I assume it's just diversity but I haven't found anything with my searching. For longer range, I was an omni and patch or helical antenna but wanted to make sure of if the two antennas were for diversity or other functions.
How many turn helical are you thinking about using? A patch or a cross antenna may be a little more forgiving regarding the direction you are holding the controller. If you want to use an antenna tracker with mission planner than the options grow.
Regards,
David R. Boulanger

It is indeed MiMo. NOT DIVERSITY. Both antennas need to be the same for optimal and correct bandwidth.

Great everyone. That's what I needed to know. Now to go make some smaller patches. At least it's not 5.8GHz and tiny.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbugg1233