Solo bundle vs Dji phantom 2? Should I stay or should I go

Reaction score
So I bought the solo 3dr bundle from Best Buy. Considering it came with the gimbal two batteries, extra blades and all the features I like it so far, I have also picked up flying it quite easily. But with all the hub bub about solo closing it's doors I could exchange this for the DJI phantom2 standard. So if you had the choice what would you do? Should I stay or should I go?

enjoy the solo. it's got a great warranty, and it's a great drone. plus, it's black. thats gotta count for something in a world of shiny white plastic drones.

Reactions: Deleted member 5038
My wife does often the same : usually she buys some (expensive) stuff (generally clothes), and then spends nights to regret her choice, and built scenarios on how to bring back that stuff to the shop.
But at the end, she keeps it and hopefully enjoys it.
You are on the good path!

The Solo outclasses the Phantom 3 in almost every way, exchanging it for a Phantom 2 would be an enormous downgrade. And DJI's support is mediocre at best even on their latest products, so it would be essentially nonexistent on 2 to 3 generation old ones.

Still plenty of life left in the Solo, just no new features from 3DR. Check out the Solex app for where new features are being developed.

Reactions: Deleted member 5038
Thanks for the input! I'm committed to the solo. Just thought I'd get some opinions from people who know more than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input! I'm committed to the solo. Just thought I'd get some opinions from people who know more than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know my wife too...
(To be honest with you, it is too late to change, you will love Solo a bit more everyday if your life.... Specially, if one of your friends flies P3 or P4)
Enjoy

To stay "even" with the Solo + GoPro, you would need the Phantom 3 Pro. I just spent a week debating between the two for my first serious UAV, and chose the Solo, with a GoPro from Peau Productions. :)

Reactions: Jb1314

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anomaly.Filmworks