Solo app Android update available

Mine updated to the Tablet from PlayStore. But shows no update needed inside the Solo app. So either its just an update for app (no firmware) or mine is not working.
fly it and see what happens.

Mine updated to the Tablet from PlayStore. But shows no update needed inside the Solo app. So either its just an update for app (no firmware) or mine is not working.
Rich did you update the 3dr services app too?

did it take a long time for this to update seems like it is going on 15 minutes

I didn't see an update for 3DR Services.. Just updated Solo App..
go back into the apps and you will see it and there is green letters in the lower right hand corner of the app that say
Update.
i hit that and now they are both updated.

It's just an App update. No firmware update needed. Installed fine on Nexus 7 then flew a real estate property afterwards. Flawless flight..:)
kdfM3q

Last edited:
I can only assume that 3DR Services updated on its own. I'm running v1.2.20 Why the Solo App didn't, even though I have it set to AutoUpdate, is a mystery to me.

Well I am guessing that the updates we need wont be app related. Need to be pushed to firmware

On your Samsung Tablet when you hit the Open Apps soft button at the bottom of all the open windows you don't have an option that lets you Close All?
I have seen it but I don't know how I get it to come up. You know when it comes up? When I'm sliding my sunshade on.... So im looking to see if there is a button it's hitting when I put it on,,,LOL. I'll figure it out.

I have seen it but I don't know how I get it to come up. You know when it comes up? When I'm sliding my sunshade on.... So im looking to see if there is a button it's hitting when I put it on,,,LOL. I'll figure it out.
I believe you swipe from top to bottom to open a list of open apps, then hit the "clear all" button to close them. That is how my Samsung Tab S 10.5 works.

On your Samsung Tablet when you hit the Open Apps soft button at the bottom of all the open windows you don't have an option that lets you Close All?
Got it. That was silly. I use it in landscape......never noticed the "recent apps" soft button over on the right side, or bottom, of the Tablet.
:rolleyes:. This tech stuff is gonna give me a headache....and I'm a tech director. Age is catching up with me.

This morning I was looking around for an app I could use for screen recording. I was wanting to record the Solo app screen while it was in the air. I tried 3 different apps. On the third app I had it running in the background and had the Solo ready, opened the Solo app and it said it was disconnected even though I had video from the GoPro, and the controller said it was connected to the app.
Came back in and kept trying and couldn't get it working so I uninstalled screen recorder. That's when I found the update for the Solo app so I installed it. Went to connect and got the same thing. Shut down the device and rebooted and connected.
I found that the only way to connect was to shutdown and reboot, even after I killed all the apps. That last screen recording app I installed included a couple of services and I don't think they uninstalled.
Finally I just reset the device, installed Solo app, Solo services, and Tower. It's all working now without having to reboot.

This morning I was looking around for an app I could use for screen recording. I was wanting to record the Solo app screen while it was in the air. I tried 3 different apps. On the third app I had it running in the background and had the Solo ready, opened the Solo app and it said it was disconnected even though I had video from the GoPro, and the controller said it was connected to the app.
Came back in and kept trying and couldn't get it working so I uninstalled screen recorder. That's when I found the update for the Solo app so I installed it. Went to connect and got the same thing. Shut down the device and rebooted and connected.
I found that the only way to connect was to shutdown and reboot, even after I killed all the apps. That last screen recording app I installed included a couple of services and I don't think they uninstalled.
Finally I just reset the device, installed Solo app, Solo services, and Tower. It's all working now without having to reboot.

Which app was it? I use REC and didn't have a problem prior to the update. I just updated about half an hr ago and haven't flown since. I will have to try the next time I fly Solo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150