Solo@500 Feet

Reaction score
Been a watcher of this forum for a long time. Purchased a solo to add to my fleet. Keep in mind I have and fly every day at least one of the following. phantom 1 phantom 2 phantom 3 blade 350qx blade 180 qx dji f450 dii f550 and Inspire 1. I have flown for several years including helis both collective and non starting out. So this brings me to the solo. I am not flaming one bit but I am having major issues with the distance that I can fly this thing. At most 500 feet and signal drops out. I live on a large farm and have even killed my wifi at home to see and its still the same. By no means am I starting a flame but NONE of my other quads do this. I have seen multiple threads here on the DBS and FPVLR kits. I really dont need something that strong as I like complete line of sight flying but 500 feet here isnt that good. How bout just some good upgraded antenna's like for a router or something along that lines. I DO NOT wont to send this back I love the way it flys and what it is capable of. Again thanks for the help. Sorry for the long post.

Welcome.

500's is not typical. I have commonly flown mine 3200 to 4500 time after time. Even squeaked 1.1 miles out of it recently.

Try raising your elevation up to unlimited. Several of us have hit RTH when hitting the ceiling. So you want to rule that out. There is no reason to double your range with an antenna kit just to get to a simple 1000 feet.

Of course its not going to have the distance of the P3 or inspire. I am assuming you can get well over a mile with either of those.

Welcome.

500's is not typical. I have commonly flown mine 3200 to 4500 time after time. Even squeaked 1.1 miles out of it recently.

Try raising your elevation up to unlimited. Several of us have hit RTH when hitting the ceiling. So you want to rule that out. There is no reason to double your range with an antenna kit just to get to a simple 1000 feet.

Of course its not going to have the distance of the P3 or inspire. I am assuming you can get well over a mile with either of those.
Agreed. Not normal. I am assuming antennas are down, out and away slightly?

Just FYI, FPVLR and DBSMODS are simple antenna replacement only units. No amps or internal cards (although that has been done also). FPVLR (one I am more familiar with) litterally takes less than a minute to connect and mount.

Yes I have no problem flying the OTHERS out as far as I like to. Again not flamming just help. And I worded a little wrong I have not had RTH kick in that far. The solo just doesnt repond to commands as quickly as I like, kind of lag and sometimes just doesnt repond. Maybe I am expecting more from it than should.

Agreed. Not normal. I am assuming antennas are down, out and away slightly?

Just FYI, FPVLR and DBSMODS are simple antenna replacement only units. No amps or internal cards (although that has been done also). FPVLR (one I am more familiar with) litterally takes less than a minute to connect and mount.
Yes antenna pointed down and 20 degree angle.

Yes I have no problem flying the OTHERS out as far as I like to. Again not flamming just help. And I worded a little wrong I have not had RTH kick in that far. The solo just doesnt repond to commands as quickly as I like, kind of lag and sometimes just doesnt repond. Maybe I am expecting more from it than should.
That is definately wierd. Never seen slow responce before, and not sure how that would work, given digital comms. Given that it is also two way, it should RTH when comms break down. Have you looked at db, rssi, and the bars? These will tell you if it is a comms problem.

Last edited:
That is definately wierd. Never seen slow responce before, and not sure how that would woprk, given idtital comms. given that it is two way, it should RTH when comms break down. Hvae you looks at db, rssi, and the bars? These will tell you if it is a comms problem.
I start seeing the unresponsive and lag at around 400ft and the db is above 70. Give or take.

Agree odd. Should fly the same from beginning to RTH..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks