Solex with no calibration options available

So basically the only reason I wanted you to post photo's and video's was not that I could actually deduct anything from either (unless it was glaringly obvious) but just to actually see how the gimbal and drone were being handled. Had one guy blaming his gimbal woes on open solo also, he then posted a video of him starting up the solo, with no camera in the gimbal (a big no no), on his bed where the gimbal was basically being jammed in place by his leopard print duvet (an even bigger no no). All pointing to indications that he broke his gimbal by treating it like trash.

While this video isn't as bad as that, it doesn't inspire me with hope. You were doing fine until you started overextending the range of the gimbal motion, subjected it to a maneuver I can only describe as "shaking the sh*t" out of it, and then started swatting it with your hand. Gimbals are delicate. More delicate than a baby... and I certainly wouldn't shake the sh*t out of a baby (people tend to go to jail for that)...

If you were trying to replicate flying conditions....... well hell, I certainly wouldn't be flying in that type of weather either....

Jimloss is correct in saying you should balance your gimbal. With the filter on it the gimbal is having to work harder than normal to keep everything balanced, however depending on what the gimbal has been subjected to already, it may or may not alleviate some of the issues you're seeing. He's also given you some good advice on reducing vibration to the gimbal. The less work it has to do the better. I found that investing in the flat HDMI cables really helped with vibration reduction.

Hahaha, I like your decription about that guy's video, IrishManPDX! :D

Yes, I will treat it with respect and hold it delicately like a baby's hand. I was trying to give you guys some ideas of what's going on. So, no worries, I babied it. I was really careful and sweet to my gimbal at all time. lol I was even scared to take out the gimbal guard when it wouldn't come out. I would wait a 20-30 secs before I try again. hahaha :D

I did try to move the HDMI and its data cable, zip tied them together loosely, up and away to the left. Is that the best location for those cables?

After Green Cube install (post Open 3.0) I have no issues with any items greyed out. Now for a test flight.

I think the previous greyed out issues was parameters not loading completely. I've noticed that sometimes after a fresh start, I could disconnect the Solex app, reconnect and I would get over 700 parms downloaded. Sometimes I notice only 400 or so and when that happens the options are greyed out. Try disconnect and reconnecting and watch # of parms downloaded.

Dang that's bad jello, if the gimbal is 100% you might want to check motors and or prop balance. BTW you have a subscriber.. We don't want the Solo haters to see that, check my comment, you may want to build on my post.
Really though, on my second or third flight ever, I noticed I could see my gear extensions, almost kept flying but thank the Quad gods I brought it in and my gimbal was hanging on by the HDMI Cable.. But zero jello, so something is going on with your bird I think, "but I just fly them, I don't know what makes them work" (quote from Kelly's Heros lolz). Hopefully someone here will chime in with some useful comments.

Dang that's bad jello, if the gimbal is 100% you might want to check motors and or prop balance. BTW you have a subscriber.. We don't want the Solo haters to see that, check my comment, you may want to build on my post.
Really though, on my second or third flight ever, I noticed I could see my gear extensions, almost kept flying but thank the Quad gods I brought it in and my gimbal was hanging on by the HDMI Cable.. But zero jello, so something is going on with your bird I think, "but I just fly them, I don't know what makes them work" (quote from Kelly's Heros lolz). Hopefully someone here will chime in with some useful comments.
When you shook it that rattle was not good, I just shook mine (powered down with the protector on) no kinda rattle, check your gimbal plate, and as to the filter I use a 37mm, with a 3+ black with the 3+ weights and it makes mine more stable. That rattle sounds like it's coming from the bird!?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000