Solex connection issues...

Reaction score
Hi all,
It's been eons.
Decided to fly. Powered up new batteries. New Samsung note 9 so installed solo app and solex.
Realized that the solo app is now defunct.
Got wifi to connect to sololink... but says no internet access?!? Probably normal.
Tried connecting solex.
Solex found the solo.... and got to 10% params.... and was stuck there for over 10 minutes.
Normal?
Looking forward to flying again.
Thanks for the help.
Mark

Well... the parameters are working and it is recognized as a copter.

Now I get VIDEO NOT SUPPORTED.

HELP?!?

The "internet not connected" message is normal, it just means you've estabilished a WiFi link to the solo and there's no internet available (Samsung android devices see this as an anomaly).
It's odd that you're getting stuck on 10%, I take you've rebooted and managed to get past 10% at some point?
Video not supported is because the screen resolution on your Android device is set to something other than 1080P (probably WQHD or more). So drop the resolution on your device in the display settings and see if that works.

Reactions: Mark35mi
Thank you!
After rebooting all, I got beyond the 10%... and it recognized the solo as copter.
I changed my Samsung device resolution and will advise. Great idea... thank you!
Curious... how does one calibrate the solo in solex. I looked... and just did not see a calibrate option in any of the settings. Thanks again!
The "internet not connected" message is normal, it just means you've estabilished a WiFi link to the solo and there's no internet available (Samsung android devices see this as an anomaly).
It's odd that you're getting stuck on 10%, I take you've rebooted and managed to get past 10% at some point?
Video not supported is because the screen resolution on your Android device is set to something other than 1080P (probably WQHD or more). So drop the resolution on your device in the display settings and see if that works.

You'll need to be connected to your drone and have downloaded all the params before the calibration options display. Then the calibrate compass and calibrate IMU options will appear.

I had the same issue with my Samsung device and the resolution. It also affects your ability to control your camera (you may or may not get a feed, or you may get a feed but not be able to record etc). So I would lower the resolution of your device to 720p and work your way up to 1080P.

Reactions: Mark35mi
From what I've heard from other users lately, some newer Android versions are interfering with WiFi when 4G data is turned on. Evidently "not having an internet connection" triggers them to switch over to 4G, which interferes with the WiFi connection. That's also likely why the connection is coming up and being recognized as "Copter" instead of "Solo", in which case you would have video support. I don't have a device that does this so I haven't reproduced it myself, but the solution appears to be turning off Mobile Data when connecting to your Solo.

Reactions: Wetstone
I started having connection loss issues recently too. I bought another Solo and started flying it with the controller from my 1st setup. At the same time I changed the phone I was using from an LG G3 to G6. After several reboots I finally just unplugged the battery to pwr cycle the controller. So far, so good!

Edit...may have spoken too soon. Experienced some short disconnects again yestersay. Everything reconnects quickly though which wasn't the case prior to rebooting the controller.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela