Solex Button mapping - not working Solo 3.0.0/Solex v1.6.6

Reaction score
Not sure where to report this.

I'm trying to change the Button mapping on my Solo with Solex.

Vehicle is connected and read to fly

Current settings
Button A is "Alt Hold" (Which shows as 'Manual' on the Controller).
Button B is "PosHold" (shows as "Position Hold")

Clicking on the mapping entry - a set of radio buttons
Selecting any of these highlights the button - then 'closing' the window Solex reports "Updating button to X"
The "Vehicle Settings" window now shows the change, but the Controller window does not
Clicking on the mapping entry - the radio buttons show the original setting (Button A is "Alt Hold")
Closing the radio buttons - the "Vehicle Settings" window still shows the change
Closing Vehicle Settings, then reopening it - the Button is back to the 'Alt Hold'
Solex is reporting "Done Loading Parameters" when Vehicle Settings is opened again.

It would appear that the parameters are not getting written to the vehicle.

Additional note about the above issue.

The Android system was put thru a factory reset and Solex reinstalled - after the Solo 3.0.0 upgrade was completed.

I suspect that Solex doesn't register that the Solo has been calibrated - the calibration selections are highlighted. Is it possible that Solex is coded to stay out of any 'assist' mode when it doesn't recognize the Solo is calibrated.

FWIW - the Solo flew just fine Alt Hold (Manual) - it maintained altitude and responded to the controls correctly.

But it just wouldn't switch modes.

Nope. App immediately sends an LTV packet to the IMX button manager. That function writes the button assignment to sololink.conf file, and sends another packet to the controller which changes the text string over the button. All of this happens immediately with no other inhibitions. So if it didn't actually make the change, any of those steps could have misfired.

shotmanager/appManager.py at master · OpenSolo/shotmanager · GitHub
shotmanager/buttonManager.py at master · OpenSolo/shotmanager · GitHub

Last edited:
Yech. I cranked it up to trouble shoot - and it started working.

I thought perhaps the problem occurred after flying - so I started the motors and "flew" (no props) - but the button change still worked.

Sorry - no clue what happened.

For reference - I didn't restart Solex, it was the same one I left running from yesterday.

But now, when I change the button - the Controller text for the button changes. It's too windy to fly right now - but may be able to get in the air tomorrow.

Thank you for your effort!

KenMc

Duplicated the condition --

1. Go thru normal power up (Controller, Solex, Vehicle)
2. Change Android WIFI to Sololink and Connect Solex Android to Sololink
3. Test change of Button mapping - it works
4. Change Android WIFI to home WIFI - Solex connection fails, and "Vehicle Settings" goes dim as expected
5. Change Android WIFI back to Sololink and reconnect Solex

At this point the Vehicle Settings button is highlighted - but changes to the button mapping fails

This happened originally because I powered down the Controller to test the Solo reaction.
When the Android lost the Sololink - it switched over to the home WIFI.

Hope this is of some value to Solex.

Thanks again for the comments and effort.

KenMc

Hmmmm, I just tried this on my Solo and it's working as expected. I can't seem to reproduce this issue. Unless button values were changed in a specific version of OpenSolo, this should work exactly as it has before.

I'll try to duplicate it again later - but for the moment here's more specific info about my setup:

I'm running on an LG tablet: "G Pad 7.0 LTE" --
Android 5.0.2
Security patch 2017-05-01
Kernel Version 3.4.0+
Build Number LRX22G
Software version V41020g

I'll try to duplicate it again later - but for the moment here's more specific info about my setup:

I'm running on an LG tablet: "G Pad 7.0 LTE" --
Android 5.0.2
Security patch 2017-05-01
Kernel Version 3.4.0+
Build Number LRX22G
Software version V41020g

Cool, thanks. I'll try it with my other Solo tomorrow and see if I see a difference there.

I can't duplicate the issue.

The first time it seemed to be a result of turning off the controller - then turning it back on. In that period the Android WiFI switched back to the home WiFI - then had to be changed back to the Solo WiFI - the radio buttons could be clicked, but the Controller "Button" description did not change. Switching in and out of Vehicle Settings "refreshed" the radio button to the Controller setting.

The second time it happened when I connected everything then switched the WiFI between Sololink and the home WiFi - the condition was there.

Since then - I haven't seen the issue and can't duplicate it.

Thanks for the time and attention to this issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421