So you want to know why gimbals are not repaired?

Reaction score
bent the yaw arm on one of my gimbals in a crash. thought what the heck lets see if we can get it out and see what sort of spare parts I can get off this thing,

its all doable except the ribbon cables are all glued in. got them all out but the main one and it broke coming out

gimbal.jpg

Yep, that's bummer. Camera survive?

Did I not mentioned I'd built a tool for straighten out those arms, whoops...........just joking.

Note to self, don't let pyrate fly my bird...;)

Pyrate, Is the board with the HDMI cable plugin intact? Was it easy to disassemble?
I need one from a flyaway crash, at least I think it's all I need, the video was working after the crash but when I powered off it never worked again and found it to be the problem. I had to replace the gimbal and the cable.

No worries folks I have a spare backup and one in each of my solos
this happened a while back when I got over confident in my manual flying skills. Went under some trees. The rescue was dramatic. Solo was heading out over a lake and snagged a tree on the edge of a 50 foot cliff down to the lake. I had to mcgiver a rescue pool and snag one leg of it and yank it down.
Everything survived but the gimbal.

The main board would have been fine but that main ribbon cable destroyed the connection comming out.
And no I do not recommend trying to dissasemble them.
Unless you have crazy good skills. I honestly think they were purposely built not to take apart

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks