So no timeline on today's announcements right?

Reaction score
I'm just checking, but I didn't read of any dates for the new software. Is this correct?

Also no new hardware announcements right?

I wish I was there

They release software after it's been tested, which is variable, so you probably will never hear an exact date pre-release. Companies that do announce firm dates are stupid and usually end up with egg on their face after unforeseen bugs delay things.

Solo NAB Announcements

Rex

Get ready for more cutting-edge Solo software updates from 3DR! The new suite includes augmented reality and interactive scene awareness, and two brand new Smart Shots. We’ll be rolling these updates out for all Solo users in the coming months. Read on for more info!

Meet the new Smart Shots - Zipline and Pano

Zipline
Set an infinite cable in any direction, just by pushing a button. Fly up and down, controlling speed and direction as well as the camera. Zipline also has a “spot lock” feature, which works like an Orbit point of focus, but instead of a circle you’re flying on a line. Look at something, press spot lock and Solo keeps the camera fixed on it while Solo passes, for a dramatic flyby.

Pano
The perfect aerial panorama. Set up your shot, and Solo automatically pans and snaps the right photos at the right time.

Improved Safety - Rewind and Geofence

Custom Geofencing
Protect Solo by creating a customized virtual flight arena around it just by drawing on your screen. Do this before taking off, or move it around in real time while Solo is in the air.

Rewind < I like it!!! >
With the press of a button, Solo will retrace its exact flight path. Hit nothing going in? Hit nothing going out.

Introducing... Augmented Reality

The Solo app will overlay visuals in real time on your mobile screen. See your home point, or your Orbit point of focus, and eventually your Orbit flight path.

They release software after it's been tested, which is variable, so you probably will never hear an exact date pre-release. Companies that do announce firm dates are stupid and usually end up with egg on their face after unforeseen bugs delay things.

And I am good with that, I just hadn't read if anything was ready at this point, or if anyone had received any sort of hint.

In one of the videos from NAB, someone asked that cute 3DR girl when they expect to see some of thes features, her reply was "this month". Doesn't mean she is right, but I do expect an update pretty soon, even if it is just bug fixes.

In one of the videos from NAB, someone asked that cute 3DR girl when they expect to see some of thes features, her reply was "this month". Doesn't mean she is right, but I do expect an update pretty soon, even if it is just bug fixes.
I asked her as well and she told me the same thing..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Version 2.3.0-1 was released today. It includes those follow mode upgrades. Spot lock and leash mode. Both work great.

Mine still updating all the time, update icon wont go away even after Apps is 2.3.0
So me un-install the Apps and then re-install = OK :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks