Sitescan Gimbal

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a used sitescan gimbal, with all the files to make it work. But I can't upload that files into my Solo (green cube), because the Sd card is full... Is there just a few settings I could write in Missionplanner, or a firmware version that can support it?
Thank you,

Julien from Corvus,
France

I think you're probably trying to put it in the wrong place. What files are you trying to upload, and to where? This is not something you "put on the SD card" since the cards don't really work like that.

Ok, thanks for explanation. I have several files that I try to umpload with Winscp, it stops at the middle, seems to be memory full.
Here is a sc reenshot of the different files I have.

Attachments

• Files sitescan.jpg
    Files sitescan.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 56
Just foget about the "test OK boussole venture" file, it's something that has been tided at the wrong place ;)

Putting parameter files in the root of the IMX is not going to be correct for anything. What files are you trying to do something with, and what are the instructions saying to do?

I have no instruction, only thought I had to replace the files in the root, setting the .param and reboot the solo. But you're right, it doesn't work... I have a gimbal_firmware 1.3.6 and a qbert_firmware 1.3.4, should I try to put them in the firmware folder before reboot?

I can tell you parameters are not loaded by file on the copter at all so that won't do anything for sure.

If one of those files you have is a .ax file extension, that is indeed gimbal firmware. I believe that is loaded by putting it in the /firmware directory and rebooting. But I don't know of anyone that has ever done that before and I certainly haven't. If you have loaded ArduCopter 3.7-dev or ArduCopter 4-dev, I can virtually guarantee it will not load the firmware since the dev strings are different from 4 years ago.

Chances are, the gimbal already has the latest firmware on it anyway, so if you can't get the loading to work, I doubt it will be a problem.

Hello,
After a few months of work without time to deal with that gimbal, I come back to try again to make it work.
So what I understood is that I will not be able to use it as the originl sitescan solo (video feed, trigger etc.), and the gimbal is not compatible with latest firmwares.
If someone could contradict me on these facts I would be very happy.

I will try to connect the gimbals servos to CH7/8 on the main board, and deal it with gimbal settings in MP. The trigger will be managed with a Dortagx on accessory port.

I'll let you know hot it goes.
Julien

Reactions: yarrr
So,
After disassembling the cover of the servos, I discovered 2 MKS servos inside.
I connected the pins to test them, at 5V, but nothing moved. I think there are HV servos that need at least 6V, maximum 8.2V.
Do you think I could find these voltages in the Solo?
Thank you!

So,
After disassembling the cover of the servos, I discovered 2 MKS servos inside.
I connected the pins to test them, at 5V, but nothing moved. I think there are HV servos that need at least 6V, maximum 8.2V.
Do you think I could find these voltages in the Solo?
Thank you!
The gimbal connector definitely has VBatt available on it, so there is at least 12V available. Can't tell but there might be step down regulators onboard that PCB...

Hello,
I don't have many time to spend with it as you can see, but I'm so disappointed to fail on it...
I tried again to connect the servos directly by the GH 1.25mm, nothing moved. It's like the servo need a specific signal to work properly

@Pedals2Paddles: do you know who could give information about this gimbal?? It's crazy that we can't find anything about it... Is there somewhere a engineer or even a sitescan retailer that know something?... If only I had some info, I could imagine something with a custom gimbal firmware.
Thank you,
Julien

I suspect there was a fairly robust non-disclosure agreement about everything Sitescan related.

It might make most sense to use a new gimbal controller with the frame of the Sitescan gimbal? As you mentioned, it is just a simple servo gimbal, should be straightforward to integrate a new controller.

I wanted to do this, but I can't manage to get the servo working, even with direct connection.
Maybe there is kind of interface between the connector and the servo... To be investigated! ;)

Hello,
I don't have many time to spend with it as you can see, but I'm so disappointed to fail on it...
I tried again to connect the servos directly by the GH 1.25mm, nothing moved. It's like the servo need a specific signal to work properly

@Pedals2Paddles: do you know who could give information about this gimbal?? It's crazy that we can't find anything about it... Is there somewhere a engineer or even a sitescan retailer that know something?... If only I had some info, I could imagine something with a custom gimbal firmware.
Thank you,
Julien

I'm not sure what you're trying to do or what you're plugging into what here. But of course a servo needs a PWM signal and power to function. The gimbal detail that has been released by 3DR is the pin out of the connector on the regular gimbal. So the information you're looking for is not publicly available.

I'm just trying to make this gimbal work. Maybe I was not clear enough, I plugged the GH 1.25 connector on a standard rx, with a standard PWM signal, and the servo stay quiet... Standard servos on the same pins works properly, of course...

Hi,
The whole software part can be found on the 3DR github, their last ardupilot-solo release seams to be dedicated to this mount. In order to make it works, I bet you have to downgrade to your stock cube, and install the appropriate version for controller, copter and app... or fork open solo and try to adapt the code dedicate to the gimbal and the Sony R10C camera...

i'll have a deeper look when i'll get the chance to have this combo...

There's been someone liquidating the camera/gimbal combo on ebay recently, still would be interested in seeing if the R10C can function with Solo or if it was locked down to Sitescan only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo