sitescan for iso

Reaction score
hey folks newby here...want to create create 3d map...i see that there is a free sitescan download for andriod but nothing for my ipad...am i missing something here or what....will i have to download an alternative...ie drone deploy...sorry if this is not the place for this post....thanx for any help.

There is no SiteScan for iOS (same with Tower), and no official word if they will bring it to that platform. Most likely not though. It seems if you want to get 100% out of your 3DR Solo you need both an ios and android device as neither platform has everything for some dumb reason.

Reactions: jibcamera
I just saw this over on the 3dr sitescan faq:
If you own a Solo®, can you upgrade to the Sony enterprise camera and gimbal w/out buying Site Scan software?

3DR is currently exploring the feasibility of offering the Sony enterprise camera for standalone use by existing Solo drone customers.

I just saw this over on the 3dr sitescan faq:
If you own a Solo®, can you upgrade to the Sony enterprise camera and gimbal w/out buying Site Scan software?

3DR is currently exploring the feasibility of offering the Sony enterprise camera for standalone use by existing Solo drone customers.

That would be the complete opposite of what they've been saying all along about it for months.

That would be the complete opposite of what they've been saying all along about it for months.
Where did they officially announce that? Not that I care I wouldn't buy it anyway but last I heard is what their faq still says:

Site Scan FAQ — 3DR News

wow...so i would have to get an andriod tablet...purchase site scan licience...just to plan a plan mission....thats a lotta cash ...is there other less costly alternatives....the licience is a lotta cash just to play around at this point...thanx guys for the info.

For months, 3Dr has been saying the Sony camera and gimbal will only be available to Enterprise customers.

You said that. Link? I've seen lots of people speculating about it, but I haven't seen a post from a current or past 3dr employee stating it, so I'm asking where they said it?

The last I heard from 3DR was just prior to NAB opening and someone was asked in an interview. All they would say is that sale of the camera and gimbal being sold stand alone was under consideration and no decision had been made yet.

wow...so i would have to get an andriod tablet...purchase site scan licience...just to plan a plan mission....thats a lotta cash ...is there other less costly alternatives....the licience is a lotta cash just to play around at this point...thanx guys for the info.

Less costly alternative is to use your laptop running mission planner or APM.

About - Software | 3DR - Drone & UAV Technology

If by any chance you have an Android either now or in the future, Tower is the way to go. It can be found in the market.

There's also this which just recently began supporting the Solo: Pix4Dmapper Mesh - Pix4D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nienha2207