Sidepilot ADS-B not working

Reaction score
Anybody have a problem getting the ADS-B to work? Usually when I start Sidepilot , the announcements start coming in as the planes fly overhead. But lately there's nothing even when I can see a plane in the sky.

SidePilot gets it's ADS-B data from ADS-B Exchange – World's largest co-op of unfiltered flight data through their API. So first would be checking the "radar view" on the website to see if there is actually anything appearing in their system to begin with. Remember, not all aircraft are equipped with ADS-B out or mode-s transponders. If you're seeing some old Cessna 152 chugging along, it probably doesn't have it. Anything commercial or expensive would likely have it. Also, it requires here be someone providing ADS-B receiver coverage in vicinity. Which there probably is, but could be down or something.

If you see aircraft on the website but not in SidePilot, I would venture a guess that Tom's API key has expired.

Reactions: Wetstone
I suspect that you are correct in your last thought. That would be a sad sign of waning support. Perhaps he is busy on another project.

Could it be that nobody else has noticed? Too few users on IOS?

I think it is the other issues with Sidepilot on iOS that has most users focus.
Over the past weeks of trying to track down any support I can only assume that Sidepilot is no longer a supported product.
Shame really, I still like using it but it is getting very flaky with the new iPadOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo