Side Pilot Issues

Reaction score
So I spend more time doing fixes with magnetics and video with this wonderful App than actually flying. I finally got it up and running, when upon returning home, the drone would not come down. I manually landed it and it would not shut down....it kept on trying to take off again. Hahahaha.
I have done the 3.0 upgrades etc etc. What am I possibly doing wrong? The video recording is also a bit sketchy. it started freezing and had a consistent frame jump.

Thoughts any? This drone used to be a lot of fun. perhaps I need to get an old I-phone with an old OS?

I'm having the terrible video lag with side pilot but it may be my old outdated devices so an old iOS device may not be the way to go. Everything else works ok but the lag makes fpv unusable.

So I usually fly with the stock 3DR app on a cheap android tablet...but I wish there was a fix because I really like the layout of Sidepilot.

I'm having the terrible video lag with side pilot but it may be my old outdated devices so an old iOS device may not be the way to go. Everything else works ok but the lag makes fpv unusable.

So I usually fly with the stock 3DR app on a cheap android tablet...but I wish there was a fix because I really like the layout of Sidepilot.
I'm having horrible lag as well and I have a 7 Plus so it certainly shouldn't be because of old hardware. Today I flew and it was so bad that after I landed, the FPV showed it still way up in the air and moving with a frame every second or so. Even after Solo was turned off, the FPV was still catching up. It only happens after I've been flying for a half a battery or so.

My lag starts as soon as I start recording...and I don't save to the device. I have tried to contact Tom but no reply yet. I assumed my old iPhone 4 was the problem but my iPad lags as well...and your iPhone 7 definitely shoots a hole in that theory. Without input from Tom I don't see a resolution to the problem.

Dang, I haven't flown in a while and just contacted him about it today. Hopefully, he solves it cause the 3DR app is unusable and crashes constantly. I don't fly enough to warrant an Android purchase for Solex.

If the video lag could be addressed it would be a phenomenal app.
But as is it is useless for videography...and could cause you to crash your Solo if you fly by the video monitor.

I just completed a test flight with Sidepilot and IOS 11.4 on an Ipad mini 2 with NO VIDEO LAG ISSUES.

I am running Open Solo (Arducopter 3.5.4) with Green Cube.

Not sure what is causing others to have video lag but it is NOT the Sidepilot app.

I'm not using open Solo and my IPad mini (1st gen) uses iOS 9.3.5. I assumed it was my older iPad and iPhone 4 causing my problem...until Wes posted he had the problem with an iPhone 7.
Also on the Sidepilot Facebook page a few others are having the severe lag but I don't know what their setups are. If there is a work around I wish Tom would post it. If it's my old equipment I would update because I really like the app layout.

I agree. I have both and SP has some features that Solex does not have.

Those of you having Sidepilot but not using it regularly, we need some testing of these issues to isolate the cause.

The only issue I have experienced was mentioned by the OP -- "consistent frame jump" in the feed.

I also have Solex...no problems so far with it...a NICE app! I even have the 3dr app for android and it's not that bad...except you better not use return to me lol.
The 3dr app for iOS is not compatible with my old devices so I thought that SidePilot would be the answer for Return to me plus other good features not in the 3dr iOS app. SidePilot claims compatibility with both iPhone 4 and 1st generation iPad mini. Maybe Tom will find a fix.
I'm a video guy...open Solo is interesting but I fly most of my shots. Not really into "missions" or even smart shots. Even without using these features the Solo is a very capable video platform.

Tom has created an update...available now. Whoever tries it...please post you results here.

I was able to fly for about 5 minutes just before dark...sadly my video latency persists...the update didn't help me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo