Shutter trigger through HDMI

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything on it. Can the Solo HDMI cable be configured to trigger a camera without gimbal for an autonomous mission? I don't have a gimbal as I only use the Solo for aerial mapping. I currently use the MapIR camera with the 3 second interval. Their new camera allows it to be triggered through the HDMI port and they provide the wiring setup to make this happen. I would love to have the ability to use the auto camera trigger so I could shave a little time off my flights not having to set them up based on camera interval as well as being able to geotag the images better. I don't really want to open up the Solo and do any soldering so if this could be done with the stock setup it would be great.

the survey2 supports pwm using the hdmi port. this will require hacking a micro hdmi cable and connect the correct wires on one end to the solo main board pwm pins.

supposedly mapir will sell an hdmi to pwm cable. if you have that, you would just connect the pwm side to the solo mainboard and configure the aux channel in mission planner.

Reactions: RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks