Shout out to 3DR Tech Support - Amazing!

Reaction score
So, I got a new Min iPad w/ cellular so that I would have the Maps function and internet capability away from home. Got it back to my house, downloaded the app, and I couldn't sync the iPad to the Controller and Solo. Decided to call Customer Service rather than spend all night, Saturday morning, and Saturday afternoon trying to figure it out on my own.
Got through right away.
The Tech Support Rep (Danny) spent 1 1/2 hours with me on the phone talking me through it and dealing with my frustration on the phone.
He didn't give up until we solved the problem.
He was extremely knowledgable.
So, on the off chance that anyone at 3DR reads this, give this guy something. And I'll continue to sing praises of your company and it's product to all my friends.

I am with you, Frank. I have called 3DR several times when I was stuck with tech issues, and they always took as long as I needed to help take care of it. I have nothing but praise for their reps, and I also tell others about their customer support. Safe flying, Frank, and welcome to the forum.

So, I got a new Min iPad w/ cellular so that I would have the Maps function and internet capability away from home. Got it back to my house, downloaded the app, and I couldn't sync the iPad to the Controller and Solo. Decided to call Customer Service rather than spend all night, Saturday morning, and Saturday afternoon trying to figure it out on my own.
Got through right away.
The Tech Support Rep (Danny) spent 1 1/2 hours with me on the phone talking me through it and dealing with my frustration on the phone.
He didn't give up until we solved the problem.
He was extremely knowledgable.
So, on the off chance that anyone at 3DR reads this, give this guy something. And I'll continue to sing praises of your company and it's product to all my friends.
How did you fix it?

Maddog- Did a reset of the Solo and controller (which Danny walked me through as it didn't take right away), then used the app I previously downloaded ( from another device that I used with the Solo ) to upgrade the firmware on both the controller and the Solo ( that took awhile} , then shut everything down and rebooted.
Took out the Solo today and everything worked perfectly. Now I have a live video feed and a satellite
feed when I swipe at the same time. Amazing!
Plus, I have full contol of my 4 Black!

Reactions: Maddog
Maddog- Did a reset of the Solo and controller (which Danny walked me through as it didn't take right away), then used the app I previously downloaded ( from another device that I used with the Solo ) to upgrade the firmware on both the controller and the Solo ( that took awhile} , then shut everything down and rebooted.
Took out the Solo today and everything worked perfectly. Now I have a live video feed and a satellite
feed when I swipe at the same time. Amazing!
Plus, I have full contol of my 4 Black!
Ahh- interesting.. Thanks for sharing that- it may be helpful to others!

Reactions: Ralph E. Johnson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig