Should I or shouldn't I?

Sky

Reaction score
Just found this forum, so new here. Have been flying UAS's for some time now, and have had my eye on the Solo. Just about ready to make a purchase, budget is right around $1,400, and local Hobby store called my attention to Yuneec Typhoon, and suggested I research it before buying the Solo.

Bottom line - if you had to do it again, would you buy the Solo?

I'm very interested in the features it offers, freeing up the PIC to concentrate on photography, i.e. keeping a ROI in focus while orbiting around it, or doing a fly by. Typhoon doesn't offer this, but does allow for a second controller, thus another person to lend a hand.

Typhoon or Solo? Phantom is out. I've flown them and am already familiar, and their customer service, or lack there of is a deal breaker for me.

Only have a Solo, and with the Hero4 camera, it is the best camera platform on the market. The gimbal is essential.
I consider the Solo as the ultimate accessory for the GoPro hero4 camera, and 3DR are updating the drone functionality all the time.
Just one thing, you will need a good tablet with the controller, I use a iPad Mini2, but you will need the CELL version for GPS and maps online, Wi-Fi only iPads need to cache the maps and some functions like - "follow me" will not work, for this I use my iPhone6.
Yes, if I had to, I would go again with the 3DR Solo.

What ever you purchase - be safe.......................

Welcome, Sky. An acquaintance has the Typhoon, and he is seriously looking to switch to Solo due to the current features, as well as the future updates. He has been flying for a long time, so he knows his way around UAV's. I just thought I would throw this out there from someone who currently has a Typhoon. Good luck, and be safe.

Have not flown a DJI, dont plan to.
The Yuneec I have flown the Q500 4K and I have seen the H with video it took
Sticking with Solo
Well I am building a custom that will have Pixhawk 2 (solo flight controller) when they release

Stick to Solo!

I have been keeping up on the Typhoon H discussion on RC Groups (another forum) and the video is ok, but from what I read, the 'smart shots' on the H are not up to Par. They could be updated in future updates, but Solo is already there and the GoPro 4K footage is good.

if i had to do it all over again...solo. solo has smart shots, is modular, is upgradeable, is future proofed, has smart shots. and i'm sorry nothing anybody else has can top multi-point cable cam.

if i had to do it all over again...solo. solo has smart shots, is modular, is upgradeable, is future proofed, has smart shots. and i'm sorry nothing anybody else has can top multi-point cable cam.
And this!!

Others have come close, but you can still see the instant movement in the beginning of the gimbal moves.

Thanks folks, and thank you kindly for the warm welcome!!

This is very encouraging. The features of Solo are what drew me to it to begin with, and the Yuneec H doesn't have them. I'm looking to do orbiting video and the cable cam without the jerkiness of trying to fly and keep the ROI in the center of the screen. Nearly impossible with other UAS'S, as you folks probably already know.

I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions, and look forward to contributing as well.

Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks