Shipping????

Reaction score
Question is how long does it take to ship a order from 3DR store?? So far for my self it's been 3 days and as per the 3DR rep it may or may not ship this Friday or even Monday. When does some sense of urgency come into play. So how long has it taken you to have your product shipped???

When ordering from 3DR find out if it stocked stateside. The shipments are most likely coming from overseas where they are not shipped like Amazon as we are used to. Discussions with other about shipment of items has me believing the 3DR's overseas operations process in batches and mine have all been shipped on Fridays. I get them on Tuesdays in N. Ohio

Call 3DR 24/7 support and ask where it is in the process. It's a good check to make and sure there are no hiccups. They like to make you happy and keep the orders moving.

Burke

Reactions: terry2
I appreciate the feed back. But when they have a distribution center in California then shipping from over sea seems counter intuitive. Plus the conversation i had with their support center left me less assured than i was before. It was almost like they will get to it when they felt like it. Now have done some research on this flight board I'm very impressed with all the things it can do. I have experience with several other flight controllers this one seems to be the one, not only in what it is capable of but cost as well. Its just everything else leaves you wondering.

You made the right choice. Just call them and they will make it right. Be cool and pilot stating your concern. The customer service is excellent but shipmment are still coming is from over seas for many parts. If this is the case with you part there is an additional time delay. The good news is they drop ship directly to your door in 2-3 days from China. When I make the Friday shipment it is in my hand on Tuesday. The support in CA does not do the schedule but they can request a rush to get it on this weeks shipment if it's not too late.

You made the right choice. Just call them and they will make it right. Be cool and pilot stating your concern. The customer service is excellent but shipmment are still coming is from over seas for many parts. If this is the case with you part there is an additional time delay. The good news is they drop ship directly to your door in 2-3 days from China. When I make the Friday shipment it is in my hand on Tuesday. The support in CA does not do the schedule but they can request a rush to get it on this weeks shipment if it's not too late.
polite not pilot. I have flying on the brain.

Lol! I understand, I'm in sales with Home depot. Being polite is all ways the best thing to do. That being said I also understand the concerns of the customer. Simply letting your customer know up front as to what to expect is also the best thing. It doesn't matter who the retailer is. Leaving your customer hanging or guessing is not a good thing. That rule applies even more so on web site retailers. So simply stating they batch ship every Friday on your order form/receipt is setting the expectations. My order stated it was coming from a U.S. distribution center not from china. If you are correct then the company is being dishonest.

Well the good news is I just received notice that my order had shipped today! Yay :). But just the same my previous statement still stands. Letting your customer know good or bad up front is always the best thing to do.

I ordered a Solo and a gimbal as separate orders direct from 3DR on 10/17/15 and they both arrived 10/27/15 all the way from the factory in China.......the order page still shows Shipping status as "Processing" ....

...I never got a shipment e-mail or tracking numbers :)

Lol! I understand, I'm in sales with Home depot. Being polite is all ways the best thing to do. That being said I also understand the concerns of the customer. Simply letting your customer know up front as to what to expect is also the best thing. It doesn't matter who the retailer is. Leaving your customer hanging or guessing is not a good thing. That rule applies even more so on web site retailers. So simply stating they batch ship every Friday on your order form/receipt is setting the expectations. My order stated it was coming from a U.S. distribution center not from china. If you are correct then the company is being dishonest.
I think 3DR has good customer support on the "back end"' ie. tech support, but not so much on the "front end". Sales support doesn't give you that warm & fuzzy "gosh, they care about me" feeling.

There is nobody in "customer relations" to handle concerns & complaints. (Not that I've found, anyway)

I think 3DR was created by people who are great at the "tech stuff" but no so much at the "running a business stuff". In the beginning they didn't sell anything- you had to buy from an authorized retailer.
Then they started selling, but didn't seem to have their act together.
There's a lot more to selling your product than just setting up a website to handle orders.

If they did a better job with customer relations I think they would really distance themselves from all the other drone companies.

I think 3DR has good customer support on the "back end"' ie. tech support, but not so much on the "front end". Sales support doesn't give you that warm & fuzzy "gosh, they care about me" feeling.

There is nobody in "customer relations" to handle concerns & complaints. (Not that I've found, anyway)

I think 3DR was created by people who are great at the "tech stuff" but no so much at the "running a business stuff". In the beginning they didn't sell anything- you had to buy from an authorized retailer.
Then they started selling, but didn't seem to have their act together.
There's a lot more to selling your product than just setting up a website to handle orders.

If they did a better job with customer relations I think they would really distance themselves from all the other drone companies.
I think they will do just that pretty quick, if they don't totally implode first.

At this point in the game, they're just having to hit all the weak spots and put out any fires ASAP, while they try to hit critical mass now that they've pushed the production button....there is no turning back... reminds me of that feeling I always get in a commuter jet about half way down the runway.

This is the age of customer support frustration, my friends! Its the number one thing, yet often outsourced to the lowest common denominator.

It could be worse; you could be dealing with AT&T, or your core software vendor, or the Internal Revenue Service.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M