Securing the Gimbal

TMI

Reaction score
Hi there,

My first post before my first fly :)
When there is no Gopro attached to the gimbal does it need to be secured when transporting the SOLO in the BackPack or Case?

TMI
from the Netherlands

Hi TMI, and welcome. I believe if you travel without a GoPro in the gimbal, you are supposed to reinsert the foam that came installed when you unboxed it. This will keep the gimbal from moving around too much during travel. I leave my GoPro in the gimbal when I case it back up. It is not hard to remove it when needed. Good luck, and safe flying.

I have a hard case for my Solo and I leave the GoPro in the gimbal and add the foam. When I drop my Solo into the case without the foam sometimes the camera rotates and makes it hard to remove. Also my case is just deep enough without removing the bottom foam to place the Solo in if the camera is facing straight ahead. My case is the one B&H offered with the Solo and Gimbal combo.

Reactions: Lamda and Maddog
I have a hard case for my Solo and I leave the GoPro in the gimbal and add the foam. When I drop my Solo into the case without the foam sometimes the camera rotates and makes it hard to remove. Also my case is just deep enough without removing the bottom foam to place the Solo in if the camera is facing straight ahead. My case is the one B&H offered with the Solo and Gimbal combo.
Is that the blue case? I've been looking at that- how do you like it?

Hi TMI, and welcome. I believe if you travel without a GoPro in the gimbal, you are supposed to reinsert the foam that came installed when you unboxed it. This will keep the gimbal from moving around too much during travel. I leave my GoPro in the gimbal when I case it back up. It is not hard to remove it when needed. Good luck, and safe flying.
Same here. My foam was tight, and so I took the little lip off the thinner side with a quick swipe of a grinder :). Now it slips in and out easier, but is tight enough to stay in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44