Searching for GPS

Reaction score
Out flying tonight and had something odd happen. First battery everything worked perfectly. On start up it took less than a minute to get GPS and take off.

When I changed the battery the controller said searching for GPS. It was showing 11 satellites but stayed at "searching for GPS". Many here have said take off in manual mode. But I wanted HOME to be set. I started the motors by holding the right (throttle) stick down and to the right. As soon as the motors started a got GPS lock and "hold fly to takeoff ".

Thinking it was just a coincidence I flew for a while. Landed to change camera angle and the same thing happened. Stayed at searching for GPS. Started the motors using the right stick and immediately got a lock. Landed Solo again, picked it up and got searching for GPS. Put it down and it kept searching even though it was showing 12 satellites. Started the motors and again got an immediate lock. Used "fly" to take off. If you get stuck with searching for GPS try this.

Did you happen to notice what the HDOP numbers were? You might need to try a different location to see what that does.
I have never experienced that.

Did you happen to notice what the HDOP numbers were? You might need to try a different location to see what that does.
I have never experienced that.
No. Just the number of satellites. This was the only time I have had the unit stuck in searching for GPS. If it happens again I'll look for the HDOP numbers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado