Screen Flickers

Reaction score
Website
takenbydrone.com
I have been testing out the Solo features but whenever I attempt to use Selfie the screen starts to flicker on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (only when it full video mode).

Anyone else experiencing this?

Are you shooting at 60FPS? I experienced that today on my Tab S 8.4

I had the same thing only constant the other day, showed on my video too. I reset all my settings on gopro and formatted my faster card and it's been fine. May have just been that I was using an ultra card instead of the extreme I usually use but it's never happened before using this card.

I am having same issues. Samsung tab S, hero 4 black. Has anyone heard anything since the last post on July 9?

Nope I thought mine was ok with a gopro reset but only lasted a short time came back Friday and it's on both your screen view and on the video from the card. It totally ruins any footage you get hope it's something fixable with firmware not defective heros. Really don't want yo buy a third gopro to have control with the gimbal. I've not seen it beside when ran through solo and there's very little in searching google so has anybody noticed it when using their camera any other way?

Well bro good and bad news I unplugged my gopro from solo tonight when the flicker started. The good news is our gopros are fine here's the issue I think, keep in mind this is my first test but after unplugging my hero 4 black my video came out fine but the video plugged in was terrible. So apparently one more issue with the solo and not a rare gopro issue.

My question is if we can't control our gopro without the gimbal why the he$& is solo feeding anything to the gopro that could affect it, especially in a negative way?

So one more issue that solo is responsible for guess I'll email support again and see if they say this is my fault or heros or if they fess up this time. Without a couple more tests I can't say for sure but other times I landed and took off again still plugged in and the gopro was still flickering so I'm pretty sure solos pushing power or attempting to pull power and not getting enough causing this flicker.

Beside the obvious not having feed when recording issue, this kinda worries me for other reasons, does this mean solo battery is maxed already and we may have trouble running other things like our gimbals from it? It flashes like a warning or alarm and not right at take off but after fast acceleration or starting a smart shot then won't stop.

Why else would it cause a flicker it's not like a focus issue it flashes more like an alarm steadily over and over so it's not the sensor but it does seem to be affected by the light since it only happens at dusk and dawn so maybe the sensor is involved?

How's this possible I'm lost so guess I'll ask 3dr and see what happens, it just doesn't make sense to me how or why this is happening?

Sorry for the length of the post here but wanted to explain it well in case folks have a fix or the same issues.

Well bro good and bad news I unplugged my gopro from solo tonight when the flicker started. The good news is our gopros are fine here's the issue I think, keep in mind this is my first test but after unplugging my hero 4 black my video came out fine but the video plugged in was terrible. So apparently one more issue with the solo and not a rare gopro issue.

My question is if we can't control our gopro without the gimbal why the he$& is solo feeding anything to the gopro that could affect it, especially in a negative way?

So one more issue that solo is responsible for guess I'll email support again and see if they say this is my fault or heros or if they fess up this time. Without a couple more tests I can't say for sure but other times I landed and took off again still plugged in and the gopro was still flickering so I'm pretty sure solos pushing power or attempting to pull power and not getting enough causing this flicker.

Beside the obvious not having feed when recording issue, this kinda worries me for other reasons, does this mean solo battery is maxed already and we may have trouble running other things like our gimbals from it? It flashes like a warning or alarm and not right at take off but after fast acceleration or starting a smart shot then won't stop.

Why else would it cause a flicker it's not like a focus issue it flashes more like an alarm steadily over and over so it's not the sensor but it does seem to be affected by the light since it only happens at dusk and dawn so maybe the sensor is involved?

How's this possible I'm lost so guess I'll ask 3dr and see what happens, it just doesn't make sense to me how or why this is happening?

Sorry for the length of the post here but wanted to explain it well in case folks have a fix or the same issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M