RTH unresponsive?

Just tested 3 scenarios, here are the results...

-Just using the controller and the drone without a phone/tablet: RTH works fine
-Using an iPhone 6s and proceeding to the "Fly Solo" screen in the app: RTH works fine
-Using and iPhone 6s or iPad Mini 3 connected but at the "Home" screen of the app: RTH initiates but the drone remains stationary in the air

Obviously this isn't how its supposed to work, but if a device is connected and isn't at the "Fly Solo" screen there is a bug with the RTH feature. Maybe this is just a iOS issue, can anyone confirm?

Just posted in the other thread but.... iPhone 6, 4 flights sitting on home screen and RTH works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow great information
can I put my gopro 5 on the solo?

Sorry couldnt resist
Great question Tim! I'm surprised no one has asked that. I'll study on it a bit and get back to you. I don't see why not; both cameras were mad by the same company.:rolleyes:

The question wasn't about RTH but if you put the Solo in RTM mode, test to see if it will return to you on failsafe, and then for your next flight, make sure the failsafe is RTM and fly without the phone/tablet and see what it does when you tell it to RTM. RTH and RTM are two different functions.
For anyone doing this, absolutely make sure you're using the 3DR Solo app on iOS or the Solex app on Android. DO NOT use the Solo app on Android when testing this as RTM has a major bug as others have indicated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks