Return to Me

Did you read this thread? Return to me has a bug in the Android 3DR Solo app. It will not ever work right now matter what your device location settings are.
Well, I entered this thread to ask about that very thing, Return to Me in the Solo app has never worked for me. I even asked a 3DR tech if I had somehow got it wrong and RTM meant something other than coming back to where the device is located, and they told me it is for for returning to my current location. Sucks that they didn't even have the courtesy to tell me that there is a bug in the app for that feature on Android devices, but then again they no longer give a rat's a** about people who have bought Solo unless you have Site Scan. They have already blown off communication with me on 3 different occasions so I no longer bother trying to talk to 3DR reps.

I suggest purchasing the Solex app for Android. It blows away the 3DR app, and RTM actually works properly.

Reactions: Charingo
I suggest purchasing the Solex app for Android. It blows away the 3DR app, and RTM actually works properly.

Yeah, after their thoroughly poor costumer service, I have to say that I am reticent about giving them any more of my money.

Solex is from an independent developer. So you wouldn't be giving "them" any more of your money...

Solex is from an independent developer. So you wouldn't be giving "them" any more of your money...
Nice to know, I had thought Solex was from 3DR developers. Still, it would be nice if 3DR fixed the glitch in their app which is supposed to be a companion for their product so I am not obligated to dish out another $30 if I want to use that feature ...or at the very least be straight up about it being broken and them not wanting to fix it.

You are correct, it would be mice. However, those are the actions of a company still trying to compete in this sector. Plain and simple, 3DR has exited the sector they originally designed the SOLO for. Which means no firmware from them, or app updates.

The aftermarket and community are the options now.

You are correct, it would be mice. However, those are the actions of a company still trying to compete in this sector. Plain and simple, 3DR has exited the sector they originally designed the SOLO for. Which means no firmware from them, or app updates.

The aftermarket and community are the options now.
Yup, that's why I came to this thread, I'm thankful for the community where answers can be found. Do you work for 3DR are something?

I do not. You seemed to be bemoaning the lack of support, so I was trying to lay out the reality of the situation for you and others who might read this thread.

That is all.

P2P, You had mentioned on here

If this is the case, why wasn't this addressed by 3dr ? Did they go defunct before this flaw was discovered by the flying communtiy?

and

If one's initiates this Return to Me function by accident , can it be overridden by pressing the "Pause" or "Fly" Button...to stop it before it flies off to LaLa Land.......????

Thanks
Yes, It happened to me and as soon as I realised it was returning to the wrong "me", I pressed Fly (pause would also be handy) and manually returned to me. But if I would have been unable to see it, it would be harder and also, what if it returned to "me" because it went out of range. That would be a real disaster.

Yeah, after their thoroughly poor costumer service, I have to say that I am reticent about giving them any more of my money.

Also realize that 3DR isn't getting any money from the Sales of the non-Sitescan Solos. They buggered up production quantities and were left with tons of debt, so they basically gave away the hardware to settle up some/all of what they owed. Frankly I'm surprised 3DR is even providing any customer service or warranty on Solo. It does not make them any money or encourage future sales.
There is a great article in Forbes from last Aug or so with lots of detail.
I don't hold anything against 3DR. When they got out of the DIY business a couple years ago to move to Solo they sold off all on-hand hardware for cheap and I scored a couple more MR kits and motors. Now that 3DR is getting out of the consumer drone business I've been able to get 6 Solos for just a little more than what I would have paid for one setup a year ago. As far as I am concerned, 3DR makes great hardware. I don't use customer support, I come here. If something breaks I buy replacement parts online for pennies on the dollar. Unless you paid full price for your Solo there is no reason to complain. Solo with gimbal is a $1400 value, regardless of what you paid for it. Just enjoy flying your Solo and don't let the folks they have in the phone get you down.

I believe the only reason they still support the warranty coverage is because they are required to by law in the United States. If it wasn't for that, it's unlikely they would bother.

I do not. You seemed to be bemoaning the lack of support, so I was trying to lay out the reality of the situation for you and others who might read this thread.

That is all.

OK, then thanks for the friendly input

Also realize that 3DR isn't getting any money from the Sales of the non-Sitescan Solos. They buggered up production quantities and were left with tons of debt, so they basically gave away the hardware to settle up some/all of what they owed. Frankly I'm surprised 3DR is even providing any customer service or warranty on Solo. It does not make them any money or encourage future sales.
I don't hold anything against 3DR. When they got out of the DIY business a couple years ago to move to Solo they sold off all on-hand hardware for cheap and I scored a couple more MR kits and motors. Now that 3DR is getting out of the consumer drone business I've been able to get 6 Solos for just a little more than what I would have paid for one setup a year ago. As far as I am concerned, 3DR makes great hardware. I don't use customer support, I come here. If something breaks I buy replacement parts online for pennies on the dollar. Unless you paid full price for your Solo there is no reason to complain. Solo with gimbal is a $1400 value, regardless of what you paid for it. Just enjoy flying your Solo and don't let the folks they have in the phone get you down.
Thanks for your post! My only problem with 3DR is that that they haven't made clear in any of my interactions with them what you just so kindly explained, which would have saved me some time and some stress in contacting them and expecting they would actually be able to help, since my drone is company related and my boss wants results. That's it. I'm grateful to you and others on this thread who have neatly spelled it out.

Reactions: DJMc
..................they haven't made clear in any of my interactions with them what you just so kindly explained, which would have saved me some time and some stress in contacting them............snip
============================
The knowledgeable techs with that info haven't answered phones or emails at any company in the last decade. They are actually doing work and getting fairly high pay. The $10 an hour people answering the phones or emails are reading from a script and will never have the kind of detailed knowledge you are getting here.

Hey , how's it going. I guess I am lucky I never tried RTM lol. I have been using the 3DR Solo app on Android. Will I have to update the controller and Solo firmware to use Solex or is it compatible with the last update I got ?

I was looking at the Solex feature list . It looks cool. Why does Google indicate the app has in-app purchases ? Are some listed features missing from the $30.00 version ?

For DIY mRo will be taking that market over. I was communicating with them by email regarding getting Sololink working with Pixhawk for my fixed wing. No Need. They are working on mRoLink and will be releasing the specs soon!

I think they will be selling all the diy parts we need. The company consists of the brains behind the 3DR products anyway.

I believe the only reason they still support the warranty coverage is because they are required to by law in the United States. If it wasn't for that, it's unlikely they would bother.
If I use the Solo controller for RTL and not the Solo app I should not experience this bug, right ? Issue occurs only if I use the RTM function in the solo app ?
Hey , how's it going. I guess I am lucky I never tried RTM lol. I have been using the 3DR Solo app on Android. Will I have to update the controller and Solo firmware to use Solex or is it compatible with the last update I got ?

I was looking at the Solex feature list . It looks cool. Why does Google indicate the app has in-app purchases ? Are some listed features missing from the $30.00 version ?

If you're not using any app on any device, there will be no Return to ME, since there is no ME. It has no idea where you are if you don't have a phone/tablet connected with the app running. It will use RTL.

Solex is compatible with a fully stock solo. And it also contains additional features that are available with the green cube and such. The in-app purchase is the mission planning add-on.

consulta la aplicacon cuanto tiempo dura o se paga por una vez gracias

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc