Return home unavaiable.

How far do they shoot? I think im just going to walk out and get it tomorrow once im sure the ice is good. Still looking sketchy today.
I've seen bows that can get a couple hundred yards before the arrow impacts the ground. If you fired it to "skate" along the ice it might be just perfect.

Yer all amatures............... just go to ebay, buy another solo sans gimbal, put a fishing line and hook on it WITH A RELEASE MECHANISM (or face the sarcasm of P2P) and fly it over to your solo to retrieve it. It's called DRONE FISHING! (shoulda seen the size of the one that got away...).

Good luck retrieving your drone. Don't do anything foolish and stay safe, seriously.

Reactions: allen_993 and DJMc
Yer all amatures............... just go to ebay, buy another solo sans gimbal, put a fishing line and hook on it WITH A RELEASE MECHANISM (or face the sarcasm of P2P) and fly it over to your solo to retrieve it. It's called DRONE FISHING! (shoulda seen the size of the one that got away...).

Good luck retrieving your drone. Don't do anything foolish and stay safe, seriously.
...this...:). Should actually be pretty easy...if of course you have another Solo.

I do have another solo but no go pro. The solo was just a black dot out on the ice. Probably further out than i first thought it was. Would b hard to eyeball it. Anyway, as much as i hate to say, this did not end well. Its now a bottom dweller due to a heavy rainfall and above freezing temps :( Time to break out solo #2.....

bummer...sorry to heat that :(
I did try to get it but hit a soft spot in the ice. Chickened out after that and headed back to shore. Wont b letting my second one out of my sight anytime soon. Lesson learned.

It went through the ice?? I was hoping for a more successful outcome!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000