Release of New software features announced at NAB

Are you on the 3dr Solo beta?

You see, I can post, I can produce opinions, I can throw up YT videos but if no one else is doing so what does it matter? I thought the original intent was to make the Solo Number One. That doesn't seem to be the intent any longer. To make it better you have to contribute in a large way. I think I have but too many people show up here with nothing but heresy. There are good, solid contributors, a few that come to mind are Roland, Erik, Jubalr, Maddog, Del, Adim, Rich, Steve, Ian, Chuck and I'm sure many others that I've missed. Then there are those that come and go, leaving nothing but BS. I'm in this Solo thing for the long haul but I'm growing tired of the BS. It's going to be or it isn't. Personally, and although I'll stick it out to the end, I think the "Solo", not the pixhawk, not 3dr, the "Solo" in it's current configuration is done. If I'm reading things properly, 3dr already said so. Where am I wrong?

(EDIT: Oh, I forgot Frank! He came a little late to the party but probably knows more about this whole damned thing than any of us. So sorry, Frank. I truly am baffled by your brilliance!)

Jerry

Last edited:
I think 3DR has said they will not compete for the DJI market
but I don't think solo is dead. I do know Phu and 3DR are very active in the release they promised at NAB.

that last release did not go well with mine, but others are having no problems.
Have a service ticket in now riding it out

Reactions: J R

I think I want to dig a little deeper now. Frank, I live in the boonies of SD. I was in the USMC so I've been around a few black folk. Actually got invited to a dinner or two over my many years. And had it not been for my "partner", I'd have never won the disco contest in Havelock, NC in '78. First thing that came to my head when I saw your Avatar was gangster. Being totally straight. After reading your posts and following your advice, damn Dude, you know some Sh@t! You truly broke a stereotype that I had (and many others that won't admit it). I've been all over the world and I've had friends of different colors but communication always blocked things, Your ability to communicate amazes me. Anyway, I think I'm 'bout ready to get kicked out of here for sharing my feelings but so be it. It's been good and it's been real, I thank every one of you.

BTW, I still dislike Obama. He's done nothing for me or my family. See how it works? Damned black dude...

(You still look like a gangster, BTW.)

With nothing but respect,

Jerry

Last edited:
I think I want to dig a little deeper now. Frank, I live in the boonies of SD. I was in the USMC so I've been around a few black folk. Actually got invited to a dinner or two over my many years. And had it not been for my "partner", I'd have never won the disco contest in Havelock, NC in '78. First thing that came to my head when I saw your Avatar was gangster. Being totally straight. After reading your posts and following your advice, damn Dude, you know some Sh@t! You truly broke a stereotype that I had (and many others that won't admit it). I've been all over the world and I've had friends of different colors but communication always blocked things, Your ability to communicate amazes me. Anyway, I think I'm 'bout ready to get kicked out of here for sharing my feelings but so be it. It's been good and it's been real, I thank every one of you.

BTW, I still dislike Obama. He's done nothing for me or my family. See how it works? Damned black dude...

(You still look like a gangster, BTW.)

With nothing but respect,

Jerry

ha. its all good. i wear suits all day long. i have to loosen up sometime...i'm from Brooklyn. i just like to give more than i take. it makes the world go round.

No @cameraguy, nothing like that happened. You didn't miss anything. I think JR's mind is just wandering... a lot. I'm a little perplexed too. lol

@JR, No, I am not in any of the beta or development groups. There are people here and on the facebook groups that are in them. The groups for development and debugging do have the new features such as Zip Line and are actively testing and debugging them. I'm not qualified to do that, so I am grateful to those who are. Many of whom do so on their own time for the good of the community and hobby.

Reactions: cameraguy
No @cameraguy, nothing like that happened. You didn't miss anything. I think JR's mind is just wandering... a lot. I'm a little perplexed too. lol

@JR, No, I am not in any of the beta or development groups. There are people here and on the facebook groups that are in them. The groups for development and debugging do have the new features such as Zip Line and are actively testing and debugging them. I'm not qualified to do that, so I am grateful to those who are. Many of whom do so on their own time for the good of the community and hobby.

Thanks, I was able to delete it. Much appreciated

All,

I really don't think that I've been contributing in a positive manner anymore. Most of my latest posts have little to do with advancing the objective of the Solo or this forum. Therefore, I'm going to gracefully bow out. I will follow the forum to stay as up-to-date as possible but I'll suspend participation unless I feel that I have something of greater value to contribute. I've taken a few posts off topic lately and that's not good for this forum or its loyal members. I'm logging off.

Respectfully,

Jerry

I have pulled back from this forum a couple times.
Part of a healthy online community should allow for banter especially amongst users that have been here for a while.
Solo was turbulent at launch and still lends itself to the critics with some of the things they continue to do. Sadly too many opportunistic people pounce on those and take the fun out of owning the craft.

This should be fun, but when so many uninformed people just blatantly spew false information it gets old. When 1 post wonders can come in and disrupt the community with just silliness the continuity of a group begins to suffer.

It also causes some of us to react badly in kind. Not proud of that but frankly enough already. If you don't like the bird take some personal responsibility and sell it and move on.

Life is to short to spend on line causing strife

I tried this move last week trying to get away from all the negative posts and personal attacks. I don't think you're guilty of any of those, so, as I was convinced to stay and contribute as I like, so should you.

You can start by looking at my last video and telling me how nice it is ;))

Hope you decide to remain

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44