quick green cube question :)

Reaction score
Hi just wanted to double check so i don't mess up my green cube install ,measure twice cut once philosophy,
is arducopter 3.4.5 firmware.zip all i need to download and install for the green cube install, p.s i do have open solo all ready installed ,thanks for your answers

If you have Open Solo installed, then you're already running the latest stable version of Arducopter, there's no need to download anything else. It's clearly stated in the release notes HERE

My bad I should have been more specific,im gonna install the green cube ,so double checking what arducopter firmware to install

Then you need to follow the install instructions HERE
To sum up, install open solo on your drone.
Make sure the install is working and that you haven't f*cked it up :D
Once you're sure it's working, then physically install your Green cube.
Reboot and calibrate your solo.
With Open Solo installed, then you're already running the latest stable version of Arducopter, there's no need to download anything else. It's clearly stated in the release notes HERE

Hi just wanted to double check so i don't mess up my green cube install ,measure twice cut once philosophy,
is arducopter 3.4.5 firmware.zip all i need to download and install for the green cube install, p.s i do have open solo all ready installed ,thanks for your answers

Install Open Solo first then GC. Search Open Solo install by Pedals2Paddles. Excellent write up.

Hello, what do we gain by upgrading to Green cube? I know that we can use Mission Planner and all that but is there any other advantage?

ESC control at 5 volts more stable than OEM cube at 3.3 volts. Plus green cube needs Open Solo which is a better flying system. I updated to Open Solo on stock cube...improves flight., especially landings I have yet to install my GC.

Pedals2Paddles has this document for installing the Green Cube:

OpenSolo/documentation

Last edited:
Hello, what do we gain by upgrading to Green cube? I know that we can use Mission Planner and all that but is there any other advantage?
Mission Planner can be used regardless of whether you have a green cube or a stock cube.
The Green cube does solve the 5V issue with a hardware fix rather than a software fix. The green cube can also run the latest version of Arducopter. It will also allow you to access other specific supported modes like "Boat" mode.

Reactions: Luiz Miranda
Mission Planner can be used regardless of whether you have a green cube or a stock cube.
The Green cube does solve the 5V issue with a hardware fix rather than a software fix. The green cube can also run the latest version of Arducopter. It will also allow you to access other specific supported modes like "Boat" mode.

That is great, thaks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421