Questions on Solo's bin file naming process

Reaction score
I searched to see if this question has been asked and answered already to no avail so sorry if it is a duplicate!

In Solo, how are the file names handled for the BIN files. Here is a series of questions that hopefully someone can answer. Thank you in advance!

1. Is the file named RECENT.bin the very most recent flight?
  2. What is the order of operation in the naming of the RECENT-1.bin through RECENT-9.bin files?
  3. If you power Solo on, but you do not fly it (you never hit Start to start the motors), is a previously created .bin file overwritten thus you are losing previous flight records without ever flying the Solo?
The reason I am asking this is my Solo freaked out while sitting in hover after I had pressed fly and Solo is sitting there in the hover perfectly and then it rolled over and hit the ground. There is another thread on crash so I won't repeat it all here. I am working with 3DR but it is not going well for me. They are claiming the .bin file from the crash incident is not in the .bin logs. I am wondering if powering it on a few times post-crash but never flying it has caused the needed .bin file to be lost.

Thanks a bunch!!

I think I remember it sends the last 10 flights (power)
when ever you have an incident first step is log that ticket
you can also youtube how to get the files, then in MP review them, there should be one with a crash detect error

The controller contains the last 10 telemetry logs and the solo contains a large number of dataflash logs (bin files).

Telemetry logs (tlogs) contain flight data. The dataflash logs contain much more detail.

A new tlog is created every time the controller is turned on and the oldest gets purged. The current (or newest) is named solo.tlog and the oldest is named solo.tlog.9

A new bin is created every time the solo is turned on and the oldest gets purged. The solo keeps a very large number of bin files and the quantity is determined by space.

When you submit a ticket to 3dr, the telemetry logs and additional text based logs on the controller are sent, but not the bin files. Did you submit a ticket or did they ask you to retrieve logs?

Reactions: 5r49cfu
The controller contains the last 10 telemetry logs and the solo contains a large number of dataflash logs (bin files).

Telemetry logs (tlogs) contain flight data. The dataflash logs contain much more detail.

A new tlog is created every time the controller is turned on and the oldest gets purged. The current (or newest) is named solo.tlog and the oldest is named solo.tlog.9

A new bin is created every time the solo is turned on and the oldest gets purged. The solo keeps a very large number of bin files and the quantity is determined by space.

When you submit a ticket to 3dr, the telemetry logs and additional text based logs on the controller are sent, but not the bin files. Did you submit a ticket or did they ask you to retrieve logs?

Interesting! I am only seeing 10 bin files on my two solos. When the ticket was done the logs did not go through initially so they specifically asked for the .BIN files. I emailed them to 3DR. They did their analysis and said the Solo experienced a brownout. I recieved an RMA number and shipping label so I sent it to them and they just notified me they are sending me a refurbished unit, it will be here Monday. I hope the replacement is OK and not one with lots of flight time as the one I sent them was for all practical purposes brand new with no more than 1 hour total flight time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986