Questions about using controller with the gimbal

Reaction score
First few flights went very well with the new gimbal. Ran out of time today to test all of the features on the controller. In particular it's not clear to me just how the preset buttons 1 & 2 at the top/left of the controller are supposed to work. According to 3DR's description:

>>... on the right shoulder are two buttons for presetting gimbal tilt positions and a knob to adjust the speed of the gimbal’s automated sweep between those presets.

I guess I need an example that illustrates how/where this "automated sweep" and "auto tilt" come into play?

Also, it states that you can press both preset buttons at the same time to snap a photo. This is supposed to work while taking video?

Tilt the gimbal to the position that you want and then hold in one of the presets (1 or 2) for sometime and it will set the current position of the gimbal to that preset.

Its actually quite handy.

Tilt the gimbal to the position that you want and then hold in one of the presets (1 or 2) for sometime and it will set the current position of the gimbal to that preset.

Its actually quite handy.
That's right. Move it to where you need it. Hold it in and it will lock that preset. Kind of like a car radio.

The wheel sets the time it takes to move between where it is and the preset. Very cool stuff.

That's right. Move it to where you need it. Hold it in and it will lock that preset. Kind of like a car radio.

The wheel sets the time it takes to move between where it is and the preset. Very cool stuff.

Hmmm... to continue with the car radio analogy--- I thought there must be a way to set the two different presets then "recall" either position by the press of the respective button? IOW, if I store a certain position in Preset 1 then I should be able to set the gimbal to that preset no matter where it is, yes?

Perhaps I was doing something wrong but it didn't seem to work that way.

Still don't understand what auto sweep and auto tilt are all about. Just dense I guess... :confused:

Hmmm... to continue with the car radio analogy--- I thought there must be a way to set the two different presets then "recall" either position by the press of the respective button? IOW, if I store a certain position in Preset 1 then I should be able to set the gimbal to that preset no matter where it is, yes?

Perhaps I was doing something wrong but it didn't seem to work that way.

Still don't understand what auto sweep and auto tilt are all about. Just dense I guess... :confused:
That is how it worked for me. I set the 1 to 85 and the 2 to 35 by moving to where I wanted and holding it in. I flew above the trees and hit 1. It looked straight out. Then I decreased altitude and hit 2. As it was coming down it changed to 35 degrees and was looking at me.

I think set it to an arbitrary angle and recalled a preset. Worked every time.

What were you seeing?

Follow the instructions on the controller screen. It walks you through it. Also, rotate the dial to adjust how long you want it to take to reach a preset. Just watch your controller screen for the read out.

Ok, not sure just what I did yesterday but today, after a good night's sleep, I see it's working just like everyone here has described. Thanks to all for the input!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso