Gimbal Craziness

Reaction score
Website
vsasolutions.com
I am starting to have a love hate relationship with my Solo and it's gimbal. I hate that things are not easier. I love that this vehicle is rock solid in the wind, darn good looking and a lot of fun to fly. I also like that it has moved open source, which opens up the potential...especially if battery problems are solved (3rd party manufactures or restorer). The biggest issue I have is the gimbal because without a good gimbal you might as well not use this for photography.

My first gimbal had drummer boy syndrome. Put it up on the shelf until the problem is solved. Bought a new one off eBay. Hoped it would be plug and play. Out of the gate after installation it sounded like a 57 Chevy auto with no transmission fluid. Come to find out that is just the plastics making the noise when it is armed...thanks to Rich West's post. However my tilt would not go up and down. I thought it was the gimbal. I had it work once but then it didn't after 4 or 5 reboots. After reinstalling 4 times, pulling the battery, letting it sit, turning controller off, started it all back up, the controller connected and tilt is now working. In addition, the resonating noise is not near as bad now.

I am hoping for this beast that one day open source will let us have another gimbal without so many issues. Unfortunately I am not that smart. I am a glutton for punishment and feel like I am in with Solo for the long hall.

Thanks for everyone's post. So much good information. Loved P2Ps antenna post...awesome and all the information Rich shares and so many others. Hope I can give back one day as I learn more.

Reactions: DJMc and Dash Hewes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986