Question about leveling

Reaction score
Website
www.macswebs.com
I just got my second Solo so I installed the gimbal, LED lights, leg extensions and did the software updates. Freezing rain out so the compass calibration will have to wait. I did the leveling here at my work bench and it went just fine. But, I did it with the leg extensions on which place the Solo at a different angle than with the standard legs. I suppose a leveling calibration isn't all that hard to redo, but would the leg extensions cause it to get a bad calibration?

...I did the leveling here at my work bench and it went just fine. But, I did it with the leg extensions on which place the Solo at a different angle than with the standard legs. I suppose a leveling calibration isn't all that hard to redo, but would the leg extensions cause it to get a bad calibration?
How can 4 equal leg extensions change the static level? Do I need to go back to my trig classes? :confused:

How can 4 equal leg extensions change the static level? Do I need to go back to my trig classes? :confused:

The leg extensions make the legs longer and they stick out farther at the tips than the stock legs. So, when the Solo is on its sides or nose or tail it is sitting at a different angle than it would be if the leg extensions weren't on. Pretty simple actually, no trig needed....

The leg extensions make the legs longer and they stick out farther at the tips than the stock legs. So, when the Solo is on its sides or nose or tail it is sitting at a different angle than it would be if the leg extensions weren't on. Pretty simple actually, no trig needed....
Oh yes... level on nose, etc. with extensions. Must have been too early for me to think that through. No trig needed. :rolleyes:

You're fine. It is not looking for a specific value or angle when you do that portion of the level calibration. It's more like telling it which way is which.

You're fine. It is not looking for a specific value or angle when you do that portion of the level calibration. It's more like telling it which way is which.
I figured that out after thinking this through, because Solo isn't level on its sides or ends - except the relative relationship.

There is a tolerance of 0.1 used for the calculations. Longer legs will actually help pass the calibration test because the Solo sits at a closer to 90 degree angle when on it's sides.

Reactions: fliersguy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks