PSA (Public Solo Announcement) Part 2

I am not here for the long haul, right now...
Hopefully most of you realize i was as apologetic as anyone, and wanted solo to succeed as much as anyone... I just got fed up...

Reason? I just dont see a reason to keep a $1200 investment when its sitting on the shelf. I can use that $1200 in other ways (a 3rd 3d printer perhaps? haha) When the issues are resolved and it is what it was promised to be, ill buy it again. Problem is my season is about done here. So by the time I can fly again, it will be march, and the solo 2 will be right around the corner (perhaps).
Just doesnt make any sense to invest in a product I cant really use at this point.

Thanks for listening.

Troy, Ill be perfectly honest. I dont particularly like your delivery etc (its just not for me), but I still watch some of your videos. To each his own, and thats your style.. Roll with it man.
My videos are certainly not for everyone either. I dont have an intro screen (i want one) or fantastic editing skills. I just film, edit and post.
Keep up the good work

Trust me I understand everyone anger and frustration. My point, and reason for what I do is simply to bring perspective to situations people tend to not be able to deal with well.

I appreciate and validate the anger and frustration, however I disagree with it being used to fuel fires that aren't even understood correctly.

Instead of all the arguing, let's get together and ask each other to help us with our projects and educating others.

If you want time to be more polished, ask me to, if you want a specific question or idea looked at, ask me.

I simply don't play the whole, "your a gangsta wanna be" or "your saying uhhhhhhhMm" stuff. It has no point and brings nothing to the table.

I appreciate all the support and the apology Rich.

Xtreme, where in ATx bro? Hit me up on Facebook, if not already, and let's fly!!!

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I think there is ample reason for the negative comments (venting) directed at 3D and the "other" guys. Can you imagine Apple rolling out a new phone that couldn't take pics, play music or launch apps three months after the roll-out? (Yes, I know that is not a fair comparison). This is my first venture into quads having spent years and a fortune in RC jets so I am trying to make the best decision. The discussions in those forums isn't any different. Except for the personal attacks, all is ok. To the cancer fighters, your issues make me feel very humble and inspired.

All this over my "trying to sound" a certain way, people thinking I am apologizing for a company I believe in but don't work for, and dislike for my "experience" or lack of favorable opinions?

For all of the "old" folks... I am 35 years old and my CHOICE in how I talk, act, or what music I listen to, yes mostly GOOD Hip Hop, is ridiculous to focus on. Growing up in an urban environment and choosing to live my life how I wanted to has gotten me this far. I also have heard this every step of the way. Info these videos and say "yo, yo, yo more in an attempt to entertain and sound in, watch my smile and listen for the giggle. It's entertaining, nothing more.

The guy saying "everytime I watch another video".... Well, your watching, atleastbots enetetaining in your own negative light.

You watched the video, if you didn't want to, don't.....

My experience level and knowledge may not be complete in all aspects, nor do I ever say anything but the contrary. If you care to know my experiences they are all available here:

Facebook.com/ATxRCProductions

and i would suggest you research that yourself.

I appreciate the support, even the Hate since it shows people true colors.

If any of the ones complaining cared to so something positive, I am always open to collaboration or even competition. If you don't want to step up and make a difference in a POSITIVE way, step away all together.

Be polarizing in a POSITIVE way and open people minds while touching their emotions.

Being polarizing in a negative way effects only emotions and fuels anger and ignorance...

Good day folks!!!
I find your long winded hip-hop talkin' videos entertaining you little whipper snapper.

I always end up wondering what it is like to watch you cook though - bet that is entertaining too. I grew up in a family catering business and have co-owned two restaurants in the past, before I was an old man with flying toys...

It is much easier flying the Solo. With the P2, I have to carry the monitor and tripod. Lately, we have been hitting the 100 degree mark, too hot to go out and fly.
I have used my monitor with the Solo on Tower Missions. HDMI from controller to monitor and use the tablet for map. Works well. I am waiting for my DBS antenna so I can stretch out my missions a little further.
LOL, I was reminded of that too yesterday. Left the Solo home and took the P2 out for a fly near the flanks of Mt. Rainier. Lots of unpacking and hooking up - tripod, Black Pearl, etc.
The P3 or Solo would eliminate all that.

Now....I just bought a Solo backpack online for in store pick up at Fry's today. I'm really afraid that in this heat I may not be thinkin' right. I might walk outta that Fry's with a backpack and a new P3...

I just don't want to hear Joe schmoe anyone post a video trying to explain what possibly could be wrong with 3dr shipping nor to tell us that what we have is sliced bread.
This video didn't need to be made period. We hopefully all know where china is and we all know that stuff from there doesnt come via truck.
That said when people have 2000 dollars tied up in something that does not perform as advertised or as something half the cost they want answers. This isn't a kickstarter campaign. 3DR had blown their timeframe. The only people we want an answer from is 3DR. It's time for facts and answers or refunds. Don't go spamming message boards with rambling lengthy amateur videos of your Opinion. You have a youtube channel.

It's August mf ing 1st.

Reactions: locutus
I just don't want to hear Joe schmoe anyone post a video trying to explain what possibly could be wrong with 3dr shipping nor to tell us that what we have is sliced bread.
This video didn't need to be made period. We hopefully all know where china is and we all know that stuff from there doesnt come via truck.
That said when people have 2000 dollars tied up in something that does not perform as advertised or as something half the cost they want answers. This isn't a kickstarter campaign. 3DR had blown their timeframe. The only people we want an answer from is 3DR. It's time for facts and answers or refunds. Don't go spamming message boards with rambling lengthy amateur videos of your Opinion. You have a youtube channel.

It's August mf ing 1st.

You're clearly an angry person.

You must have missed the "for entertainment" line.

Who makes you click on my videos?
Do you post things people do t want to see? Like this ?

SMH

keep brooding brother!!!

I find your long winded hip-hop talkin' videos entertaining you little whipper snapper.

I always end up wondering what it is like to watch you cook though - bet that is entertaining too. I grew up in a family catering business and have co-owned two restaurants in the past, before I was an old man with flying toys...

Wonder no more....

I'm a culinary ninja!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wonder no more....

I'm a culinary ninja!!!

Thanks. Not a cooking forum but informative. I am getting out of jets because at nearly 70, I like the idea of a more relaxed RC experience. But I have seen all your videos, not because I enjoy the delivery of a 'snout-nosed-kid" :), but because you clearly have a lot of experience in quads I don't.

Wonder no more....

I'm a culinary ninja!!!

LOL, Thanks Troy.
After stopping at Fry's to pick up my backpack, headed to Pike Place Market to pick up dinner ingredients now!

Reactions: Raybro
This dude is a TOTAL 3DR HOMER. I too am a big fan of 3DR. However, it's becoming obvious that the launch of SOLO has been "mis-managed" at best. Any information given by their customer service dept is vague non committal and generally lacking reason. In my opinion 3DR has had better than average customer service in the past. They are beginning to fail at this point with the SOLO & Gimbal release. It's beginning to feel that they are frantically treading water. In the launch interview I saw with Colin, he speaks about this SOLO launch being "THE MOMENT" for the company in it's big to climb the ladder against it's competition. It would go a very long way for Colin or another TOP executive to come out and with candor give their best description of the situation. To do nothing as the drums of discontent begin to bang louder may damage credibility even further.
Good Luck and Happy Flying
Dean

This dude is a TOTAL 3DR HOMER. I too am a big fan of 3DR. However, it's becoming obvious that the launch of SOLO has been "mis-managed" at best. Any information given by their customer service dept is vague non committal and generally lacking reason. In my opinion 3DR has had better than average customer service in the past. They are beginning to fail at this point with the SOLO & Gimbal release. It's beginning to feel that they are frantically treading water. In the launch interview I saw with Colin, he speaks about this SOLO launch being "THE MOMENT" for the company in it's big to climb the ladder against it's competition. It would go a very long way for Colin or another TOP executive to come out and with candor give their best description of the situation. To do nothing as the drums of discontent begin to bang louder may damage credibility even further.
Good Luck and Happy Flying
Dean

Perfectly entitled to your opinions. You bring up good points in certain areas.

As far as name calling, even non discriminating ones, me being a "Homer" is ridiculous.

I have never one time said 3DR didn't drop the ball some. I've said in many videos they made mistakes.

I however can very easily set a p3 and a Solo, or any other companies offering, on a bench to examine and pretty easily see the differences and 3DR's Solo is beyond just one step better in hardware. It's 3 or more steps ahead of all the competitors.

Again, do mistake my passion for new technology and one that's just scratched he surface for justifying a bad launch.

The apple comparisons are ridiculous too, in my opinion, anyone old enough to remember the Newton in the 90's?

Anyone have a iPhone 1?
Or IPhone 2?

Hell those had huge issues, even the iPhone 6 and 5s weren't available to purchase outright walking into a store for 4 months.

I appreciate the support, and love seeing the hate, it's all about how it affects you. For me, it's all in a days work!!!

Reactions: Raybro
True but off point. Apple kept their promised release dates. And they didn't release half of a product.

Apple didn't have a product with separate units that can be utilized separately or together did they?

Solo Gimbal is an ACCESORY to Solo Copter. You don't HAVE to use the gimbal. If one were to simply enjoy flying, as I do with solo, or if one were to be doing mapping as many do, solo as a unit alone is more than adequate and inwould argue the best option.

Why not think in those terms instead of what YOUR needs and WANTS are?

Now that I type that the argument of the accessories for IPhones don't always ship with products launch, but that's not Apples fault I guess.

As far as relevancy of that to the conversation, someone else called my opinions out using that analogy, I am only thinking deeper into this as they did not before being so judgemental of my views.

You're clearly an angry person.

You must have missed the "for entertainment" line.

Who makes you click on my videos?
Do you post things people do t want to see? Like this ?

SMH

keep brooding brother!!!

When you post something that is titled: Public Solo Announcement
Most people, certainly those waiting for the gimbal hope its an actual factual and relevant post.

Angry, damn straight. I dont give my money away for broken promises.

And to be honest i cant stand to watch long drawn out videos...

The key to a good video is deliver the information that is wanted in the shortest time possible in a way that is easily consumed.

Opinions are like assholes everyone has them and they all stink. No one wants 2 minutes of opinion delivered in a 20 minute package.

I would suggest a course at your local community college, maybe a book,
9780764559549-l.jpg

Or a Youtube Video....

Reactions: locutus
Apple didn't have a product with separate units that can be utilized separately or together did they?

Solo Gimbal is an ACCESORY to Solo Copter. You don't HAVE to use the gimbal. If one were to simply enjoy flying, as I do with solo, or if one were to be doing mapping as many do, solo as a unit alone is more than adequate and inwould argue the best option.

Why not think in those terms instead of what YOUR needs and WANTS are?

Now that I type that the argument of the accessories for IPhones don't always ship with products launch, but that's not Apples fault I guess.

As far as relevancy of that to the conversation, someone else called my opinions out using that analogy, I am only thinking deeper into this as they did not before being so judgemental of my views.

Solo wasnt marketed as two separate components but as one system. Your Iphone always ships with its camera. If you need to think any deeper, do so with out publicly announcing it to get clicks on your youtube channel. Because even if you got 1000 more clicks hereFat Amy still has Billions of clicks more than you on youtube,

You must be in the tank for 3DR based on that response. Come on! The Solo roll-out was a disaster. I think you can count on one finger the number of people that order a Solo with no intent of getting a gimbal. Would you have? So to fall back on it as being an "option" for a $999 quad advertised with all the capabilities it has IF IT HAS A GIMBAL, is nonsense. You can't even communicate to the Hero through the application without the gimbal! You lost a lot of credibility with that response. And this is not "hate".

Reactions: ChrisM101
We all agree with you, the gimbal not being ready was a cluster. Life as an early adopter..... I haven't had my solo out of the box since July 10th.

Is it really such a bad thing to be in the tank for 3DR? His channel, his content.

Troy is an alright cat. Sure he supports 3DR. So what. Hopefully they eventually earn that support. If they don't it won't matter.

Deuces! (Old guy trying to relate to an Austin-ite!)

You must be in the tank for 3DR based on that response. Come on! The Solo roll-out was a disaster. I think you can count on one finger the number of people that order a Solo with no intent of getting a gimbal. Would you have? So to fall back on it as being an "option" for a $999 quad advertised with all the capabilities it has IF IT HAS A GIMBAL, is nonsense. You can't even communicate to the Hero through the application without the gimbal! You lost a lot of credibility with that response. And this is not "hate".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44