PSA (Public Solo Announcement) Part 2

This video is a bit too apologetic for my tastes... If they can drop ship parts and solos straight from china via 2day UPS, straight to UPS World Port in Kentucky, there is no magic boat of parts from china that is just slowing down the process. They sent a $14 pack of props in 2 days they can send a $149 backpack or a $399 gimbal just as fast.

Sorry.. he lost me at 'What's up, what's up, what's up...' ;)

Really, do people form Texas actually speak like this? :rolleyes: I hate to say it, but it sounds like someone is trying to be 'from the hood' in some large city. I hope he doesn't also walk around with his pants half falling down too (what's up with these things these days?). :eek:

I hope I don't offend anyone, perhaps the 'younger crowd' thinks it's cool to sound like this. :confused: Maybe I'm just too old? LOL :D

If you want to be seen as a credible source of information, maybe start with sounding a bit more professional.

I'll go back to the woodwork, flying my Solo with the one battery that I have and I hope this doesn't offend anyone. o_O

Much as I'd like a gimbal I totally agree with him here, people need to settle down. A backpack being a huge issue or deal breakers ridiculous especially when spraying the case it came in with some plasti dip made it a totally useable case and probably just as sturdy as the backpack. It's not beat up at all, its waterproof and i have it in my vehicle with my tools around it every day. I also want a backpack but could use this thing for 6 months or more with no issues and stay happy. The months not even over yet guys, I do hope they let us know what's up tomorrow but even with the issues I've had I'm still impressed and am exited to see what this thing can do in the near future.

I've had times I've been frustrated waiting or solving issues too but I'm still pretty confident that solo and 3dr as a whole will still be a success, yes it may take longer than expected but I've met tons of folks that chose this as their first multi not the other guys and most of them are happy, even if they've not had a perfect experience so far. I think if we just take a couple breaths wel have a great nearly flawless bird before too long. Guess wel see soon enough but even though it's taken some explaining everyone I've seen who decided to return has been refunded so at very least we're getting a much better customer experience than most have seen before. If your not happy or willing to wait you can return that's what's great here and I'd bet half of the returns will be buying another one down the line anyway so I think I'll just ride it out and see what happens.

Good luck and safe flying whatever you decide.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Everytime I watch a video of yours I realize more and more that you dont know what you are talking about. Im not sure if it is just ignorance and lack of life experience or if you are a 3dr evangelist.

Lets get a few things straight. The reason people want a date is because this thing is practically useless without the gimbal. Video downright SUCKS on the solo without it stabilized. Not to mention the fact that half of the "ground breaking features" we were promised are not possible without the gimbal. So, we all have atleast a $1000 invested in this, some more (many people were charged immediately after placing their order rather than when it ships), and it is sitting here with the summer screaming by. Im not sure what your winters are like, but up here in Chicago, come october and its rain, wind, and snow until march/april. So yeah, Im a little aggrevated. Not getting the gimbal until august would mean only a handful of days left this year to enjoy it. I think anyone would be aggrevated if they spent that much money on something they cant use.

I want a date and one that they meet. But stop telling me a date 2-4 weeks out and then miss it. I would have personally rathered them not release anything until the gimbal was ready. If i had known it was going to be end of August before I got the thing complete I would have never bought the copter and waited until it was all out.

The other thing is logistics, they are not the first company to make things in China and have them shipped over. This has been perfected over and over. Apple ships millions of iphones every september from china to here in about 5 days. No need to reinvent the wheel. Not just apple. Dell, samsung, microsoft, why is it 3dr is the only one that has to take the slow boat.

Lastly, this is a gimbal. Again, been done before. It is not some new never seen before tech.

Please stop apologizing for them. Also, stop telling us that we should not be upset over the way things have gone.

Much as I'd like a gimbal I totally agree with him here, people need to settle down. A backpack being a huge issue or deal breakers ridiculous especially when spraying the case it came in with some plasti dip made it a totally useable case and probably just as sturdy as the backpack. It's not beat up at all, its waterproof and i have it in my vehicle with my tools around it every day. I also want a backpack but could use this thing for 6 months or more with no issues and stay happy. The months not even over yet guys, I do hope they let us know what's up tomorrow but even with the issues I've had I'm still impressed and am exited to see what this thing can do in the near future.

I've had times I've been frustrated waiting or solving issues too but I'm still pretty confident that solo and 3dr as a whole will still be a success, yes it may take longer than expected but I've met tons of folks that chose this as their first multi not the other guys and most of them are happy, even if they've not had a perfect experience so far. I think if we just take a couple breaths wel have a great nearly flawless bird before too long. Guess wel see soon enough but even though it's taken some explaining everyone I've seen who decided to return has been refunded so at very least we're getting a much better customer experience than most have seen before. If your not happy or willing to wait you can return that's what's great here and I'd bet half of the returns will be buying another one down the line anyway so I think I'll just ride it out and see what happens.

Good luck and safe flying whatever you decide.

I think I read this same sort of plea back 8 weeks ago. And again 4 weeks ago.
Sorry, my patience is nearly gone, and my faith in 3DR has taken a big hit.

I've had a great flying experience with my Solo (the second one), but to read and hear about the numerous problems that many have had, and some that still have not been remedied by 3DR leaves me dissapointed and a little bitter.

Last edited:
So many (of the same) negative Nancys here.

@Rich, you probably are too old because your Alzheimer's may have made you forget that this is a forum about recreational UAVs and not a persons accent/culture. Nothing about your post contributed to any constructive discussion. If you were up to speed on what's "hip" you would be more worried about him fitting into his girlfriend's jeans. He puts himself out there and attempts to provide information about a product we all have interest in. If more people did the same there would be a larger wealth of information right or wrong.

I too feel that 3DR has been sloppy with their release, but the same complaints from the same users is getting old. Learn and have fun with what you have. 3DR has been actively working to make things better and have been honoring their liberal return policy. In my mind that is miles ahead of the other guys. (I had one of those too so I'm not completely biased.) I'm with Adimuzio513 on this one.

So many (of the same) negative Nancys here.

@Rich, you probably are too old because your Alzheimer's may have made you forget that this is a forum about recreational UAVs and not a persons accent/culture. Nothing about your post contributed to any constructive discussion. If you were up to speed on what's "hip" you would be more worried about him fitting into his girlfriend's jeans. He puts himself out there and attempts to provide information about a product we all have interest in. If more people did the same there would be a larger wealth of information right or wrong.

I too feel that 3DR has been sloppy with their release, but the same complaints from the same users is getting old. Learn and have fun with what you have. 3DR has been actively working to make things better and have been honoring their liberal return policy. In my mind that is miles ahead of the other guys. (I had one of those too so I'm not completely biased.) I'm with Adimuzio513 on this one.
Sampson. Well said.

I have had my issues with my Solo and the rollout. My issues were specific, and I worked to resolve them. So far, I have done that. I also want the gimbal more than anyone, but I am a big boy, and I have choices. I stay, or I go....I have chosen to stick it out. While I have complete respect for anyone that makes an alternate choice, it is hard to respect whining without an end in mind.

I have the "other" drone as well, and so I speak from experience here. 3DR customer service (even under duress) is light years ahead of the "other guy" and those UAV's VERY much have their problems also. Different problems... But problems nonetheless.

If you are looking for perfection, you are in the wrong business/hobby. When perfection happens, everyone will have a UAV, and I personally will likely be off working on something harder...

If however you are looking to get educated about Solo, solve problems regarding your Solo, or to help others solve Solo problems, this is a great palce to do it. I even completely get complaining about some specific problem with your Solo, or 3DR service, or whatever, I get that....

What I don't get is complaining about things that don't matter, won't change, or are completely irrelevant (like peoples mannerisms on youtube videos). It just makes no sense to me to spend time just standing around throwing rocks, without any goal in mind, other than possibly to break windows, especially if you have decided not to be a Solo owner... I mean seriously... Why?

My 2 cents

Last edited:
I hope I didn't offend any old people! o_O

By the time you reach our age, young asshats like yourself won't phase you. Other than your insults (which "contributed nothing to a constructive discussion"), your post was right on. And Rich needed to be taken to task (old folk talk for "needed to be called out") for his insulting post too.

Now I'm going back to being pissed over another gimbal delay.

Carry on.

wOW. I went through 37 consecutive radiation treatments and 7 chemo treatments and not once did I see or here people whine so much about nothing. If you can't afford it you shouldn't buy it. I have basically no drone experience but did my research on solo. I knew there would be issues so what deal with. Work to fix the issues not create more. If this stresses you out this much, I'd hate to see you with a real problem. This is not directed at anyone specific just couldn't believe all the whining had come to this over something so trivial.

All good stuff beside the little jabs between old and young I'm right in the middle in this forum anyway and both tend to make me laugh. I see both sides here, own both products and have honestly went the spektrum between being a bit blinded by my exiting new toy and new company to being kinda butt hurt with afore mentioned company not delivering in some aspects as promised. So I get it hopefully we all at least get a final date or shipping info in the next week or so and can stay on track here.

We've bridged the gap here pretty well and should try to keep it that way it's made for a great forum of experience and ideas. Everybody again breath and get along so this doesn't turn into that mess they had on RCG last time I was over there. I know most is light hearted jabs here but nobody take your ball and go home just yet we all have plenty left to learn and teach here, at least I know I do learn wise.

I do want to say at least Troy here has been trying for us since before we all even had ours in hand and while I understand he's not everybody's cup of tea, no one really can be. That said he's around my age and if you think the beginning here was bad god don't come to Cincinnati. Beside that he has been taking his time for a while now to make solo better and educate folks same as most of us here in the forum. Sometimes sounds like he could be cheering for team hashtag3dr but like I said I've done it a bit myself from time to time I'll admit, he's also ran the spektrum from cheering to sad at crash time and back, and I can say hes done quite a bit of good for solo in my opinion. Give him a break he's doing his best, do I agree with all he's said not quite but it's his video and opinion.

Reactions: Sampson
wOW. I went through 37 consecutive radiation treatments and 7 chemo treatments and not once did I see or here people whine so much about nothing. If you can't afford it you shouldn't buy it. I have basically no drone experience but did my research on solo. I knew there would be issues so what deal with. Work to fix the issues not create more. If this stresses you out this much, I'd hate to see you with a real problem. This is not directed at anyone specific just couldn't believe all the whining had come to this over something so trivial.
How do you hear the whine in written words? Please don't confuse a legitimate complaint as a whine. You truly have no idea of the intention or the intonation of the emotion behind the words you've just read.

Cancer survivor here as well. 5 years in remission this month! The chemo left me with permanent nerve damage and resultant neuropathy, the radiation therapy fried my saliva glands so my mouth requires synthetic saliva or it gets so dry I am unable to speak.
Despite that, I am still have the right to emote over the gimbal, and I'll whine if I please.
Otherwise I'm a very happy person.

That does not sound pleasant Kip! Sorry to hear that.

There is a bunch of good people on here and only a about three bad eggs.

Everyone is getting a little frustrated and rightfully so. Its not fun when a person get their hopes up and then something falls through. What's worse is when it continually happens with same product.

Last edited:
Cmon guys sorry to hear about both your situations cancer is without a doubt one of the worst things I could imagine. Hope you both have it beat.

"Can't we all just get along" Hey cincy avoided yet another riot yesterday so it's possible. It was close but since the officer got charged with murder me and others made it out of downtown alive yesterday. One guy at my work did get stopped by 6 or 8 guys just before the verdict and luckily had his little friend on him but otherwise even cincy was peaceful yesterday.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Cmon guys sorry to hear about both your situations cancer is without a doubt one of the worst things I could imagine. Hope you both have it beat.

"Can't we all just get along" Hey cincy avoided yet another riot yesterday so it's possible. It was close but since the officer got charged with murder me and others made it out of downtown alive yesterday. One guy at my work did get stopped by 6 or 8 guys just before the verdict and luckily had his little friend on him but otherwise even cincy was peaceful yesterday.

But see, that is the problem with the written word. Everything I have written here has been done with humor - but it is just too damn corny to add a smiley emoticon to my posts to clarify.

But yeah, I'll admit I'm frustrated (do not picture smiley emoticon here), I was sure the gimbal would be here by the end of this month, in time for my trip down Highway 101 (Seattle to Northern CA).
We've rented this incredible house on a bluff above the pacific for a week in southern Oregon - great place to film from. Sad (picture crying emoticon here) that I will not be taking the Solo. The Iris+ and the Phantom 2 will go, unless I break down and buy a P3...

:)

Reactions: Adimuzio513
If you can't afford it you shouldn't buy it.

Just because someone can "Afford" it does not mean they want their money tied up in something they don't even know when they will be able to use it. And don't tell me its only a couple weeks its not big deal, cause this is now the 3rd time they have missed a promise date. So I have 0 reason to believe they will hit the next one. I have a phantom 3, and an Inspire 1, I can afford it but I also want what I paid for.

Look, I wanted them to succeed. In the beginning when everyone wanted to dump them due to issues they were having, I was an advocate for giving them a chance. But when you continue to miss ship dates on something critical to the functionality of the device, it makes it really hard to over look the other stuff.

Also, to the people that keep saying that their Support is better that DJIs. That may be true. But If I have to call your great customer service every other week, it makes that great customer service just as bad as the no customer service.

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44