PSA (Public Solo Announcement) Part 2

We all agree with you, the gimbal not being ready was a cluster. Life as an early adopter..... I haven't had my solo out of the box since July 10th.

Is it really such a bad thing to be in the tank for 3DR? His channel, his content.

Troy is an alright cat. Sure he supports 3DR. So what. Hopefully they eventually earn that support. If they don't it won't matter.

Deuces! (Old guy trying to relate to an Austin-ite!)

It is ok to have your favorite mfg. Isn't that the basis for most of our purchases? But to try and spin it like he has is over the top. Even Colin has acknowledged the screw-up and angst from the owners and has stated that the MBG period doesn't start until the gimbal is delivered. Troy knows a lot about quads but to suggest that the gimbal is just an accessory and folks would pay $1K for a quad with a fixed camera mount (camera not included) from a company whose product launch advertising is based on the gimbal....sorry, he lost his credibility with me about whatever else he may say.

Last edited:
Does a mapper strapping a cannon to the bottom need a gimbal?

Are you forced to buy a gimbal?

Is there any possibility to use it without?

Okay, for those failing to know what your ranting about, I mentioned that the rollout was not ideal and problematic. Sorry I don't continue to focus on what is out of my control.

Last thing, THIS WAS ENTERTAINMENT for those that care to see it that way. The others I hope you find some in your own desired fashion.

What happens when Tuesday they start showing movement and Friday they show up? (Rhetorical and hypothetical for the drama queens)

Will the words "shipping end of the month (July) and beginning of the month (August) not be correct?

Will anyone apologize? What more is needed to be said?

If they answer one random question (after what they say is the answer) the expectation gets set that all questions get answered.

They've given us the latest update. Let's let the first business day in August pass before we declare liars of the bunch.

Everytime some posts "I called X-vendor, and got this answer" 1200 of the 3500 users here call their vendors.

You preordered, you don't want it? Cancel.... You feel hurt and lied to? AFTER choosing to give up, then post negative reviews and give negative feedback. That's how this thing works folks!

Anger and frustration may be warranted, your choosing to let it overcome your emotions and interfere with your life. That's a you problem, not 3DR. Your the consumer, use your power for good!!!!

Reactions: xtreme
What happens when Tuesday they start showing movement and Friday they show up? (Rhetorical and hypothetical for the drama queens)

Will the words "shipping end of the month (July) and beginning of the month (August) not be correct?

Will anyone apologize? What more is needed to be said?

If they answer one random question (after what they say is the answer) the expectation gets set that all questions get answered.

They've given us the latest update. Let's let the first business day in August pass before we declare liars of the bunch.

Everytime some posts "I called X-vendor, and got this answer" 1200 of the 3500 users here call their vendors.

You preordered, you don't want it? Cancel.... You feel hurt and lied to? AFTER choosing to give up, then post negative reviews and give negative feedback. That's how this thing works folks!

Anger and frustration may be warranted, your choosing to let it overcome your emotions and interfere with your life. That's a you problem, not 3DR. Your the consumer, use your power for good!!!!

Seeing as that im packing my bags and leaving today, That shipping date of Tuesday does absolutely No Freaking good. So no I wont apologize. I got Screwed on this one. Maybe it will have set on my doorstep a few weeks in 100* weather by the time i return.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
why people always keep arguing comparison between p3 and solo we are all consumers, hobbyist, users etc etc just send your drone to the sky and enjoy flying, holy mother of godddd...!

Reactions: rrmccabe
Everytime I watch a video of yours I realize more and more that you dont know what you are talking about. Im not sure if it is just ignorance and lack of life experience or if you are a 3dr evangelist.

Lets get a few things straight. The reason people want a date is because this thing is practically useless without the gimbal. Video downright SUCKS on the solo without it stabilized. Not to mention the fact that half of the "ground breaking features" we were promised are not possible without the gimbal. So, we all have atleast a $1000 invested in this, some more (many people were charged immediately after placing their order rather than when it ships), and it is sitting here with the summer screaming by. Im not sure what your winters are like, but up here in Chicago, come october and its rain, wind, and snow until march/april. So yeah, Im a little aggrevated. Not getting the gimbal until august would mean only a handful of days left this year to enjoy it. I think anyone would be aggrevated if they spent that much money on something they cant use.

I want a date and one that they meet. But stop telling me a date 2-4 weeks out and then miss it. I would have personally rathered them not release anything until the gimbal was ready. If i had known it was going to be end of August before I got the thing complete I would have never bought the copter and waited until it was all out.

The other thing is logistics, they are not the first company to make things in China and have them shipped over. This has been perfected over and over. Apple ships millions of iphones every september from china to here in about 5 days. No need to reinvent the wheel. Not just apple. Dell, samsung, microsoft, why is it 3dr is the only one that has to take the slow boat.

Lastly, this is a gimbal. Again, been done before. It is not some new never seen before tech.

Please stop apologizing for them. Also, stop telling us that we should not be upset over the way things have gone.
of course he is a 3dr evangelist.

He got his Solo by June 4th. How many of you got yours by then? Check the date on his first reviews on his site. I might be wrong, but I believe only reviewers, etc. would have one by then. Certainly not anyone who pre-ordered.

This red neck or Texan that has taken time to help on many issues with solo and some not so great issues..Has help a lot.. more than 3dr in some issues... I hope he continues his videos and those who don't like then then don't watch... or get off your Butta and do a video yourself to help others....

I too agree with Micro, I’ve picked up some useful information from Troy’s videos. As far as his style, he’s just a regular guy trying to help out others by giving his two cents. Simply don’t watch his videos if you can’t stand him. True, he seems to get things from 3DR before anyone else does, and at times is overly apologetic concerning 3DR. Try watching demonseeds videos, in a matter of months he was reviewing other multi rotors, and gave high marks to the Solo. Yet all his vids lately all he does is harp about how great the Yuneec Q500 is. So just click unsubscribed on youtube or don’t watch them. End of problem.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
of course he is a 3dr evangelist.

He got his Solo by June 4th. How many of you got yours by then? Check the date on his first reviews on his site. I might be wrong, but I believe only reviewers, etc. would have one by then. Certainly not anyone who pre-ordered.
1) I didn't bad mouth him - I clarified the question asked - his is an evangelist. Simple fact, not bad mouth.
2) I do make helpful videos to help the Solo community - not just reprint the manual on post after post after post.
3) I am rebuilding motor pods so that those who can't get parts from 3DR can get back into the air.

So, yes, I already got off my Butta - now get your head out of yours.

Reactions: Jubalr and Solo4Me
Well, apparently the latest word from the folks at 3DR is that the gimbal won't be shipping until mid-August.

Until then, i'll continue to enjoy flying my P3 Pro which has been flawless. My Solo flies well enough, but I have experienced software issues with the Solo app on various devices.

I too agree with Micro, I’ve picked up some useful information from Troy’s videos. As far as his style, he’s just a regular guy trying to help out others by giving his two cents. Simply don’t watch his videos if you can’t stand him. True, he seems to get things from 3DR before anyone else does, and at times is overly apologetic concerning 3DR. Try watching demonseeds videos, in a matter of months he was reviewing other multi rotors, and gave high marks to the Solo. Yet all his vids lately all he does is harp about how great the Yuneec Q500 is. So just click unsubscribed on youtube or don’t watch them. End of problem.
You're right. And if he kept his videos on youtube that would be fine. But when you post them on this site (by the way not to help, but to funnel views to his channel) you are now throwing them in our face and he needs to accept the fact that when you put it up here people that dont like are going to see it and have an opinion on him. Dont like it, dont post your videos from your paid account to this site.

We are not moderated, so we need to police ourselves here.

Solo Joe and others, if you don't like Troy's videos, move on. Don't watch them, Don't read the related posts.

Your frustrations with 3DR are not Troy's fault, don't take it out on him just because you don't like his presentation or his words.

Right now you have one finger pointed at Troy, and 3 pointed back at yourself.
Chill.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, when the video was first shared here, I clicked on it because I unwittingly thought it was an official announcement from 3DR based on how the title was framed.

I made it through about 30 seconds before I closed it.

Wow - I wonder how these conversations would be if you all were in the same room together. The guys that are so angry and seem to be losing their cool should try and converse in a manner like they would in person.

dji phantom is now big trouble http://forum.dji.com/thread-23241-1-1.html in my opinion the cause of this glitches, components temperature too high, etc because this drone use single onboard computer is not enought to process the whole thing. thats why 3dr developer so smart they create two onboard computer as rapid data proccessing and another thing i suspected the flyaways issue some part of hardware components overheating so the proccessing will halted this is the same principle in a desktop computer wthen the proccessor goes too much high temp the main circuit suddenly shutdown. im not a drone or any aircraft expert but only my opinion, sorry for my english so bad im part of asia :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Raybro
3dr went from small time to big time with the Solo. They'll get it right sooner or later. Troy is a stand-up guy. If you don't like his videos, don't watch them. If you don't like 3DR products, or Solo, leave.

I don't see a thread on here for complainers, personal attacks on contributors, or Solo and 3DR haters.

Troy, Keep Austin Weird!

Last edited:
dji phantom is now big trouble http://forum.dji.com/thread-23241-1-1.html in my opinion the cause of this glitches, componenents temperature too high, etc because this drone use single onboard computer is not enought to process the whole thing. thats why 3dr developer so smart they create two onboard computer as rapid data proccessing and another thing i suspected the flyaways issue some part of hardware components overheating so the proccessing will halted this is the same principle in a desktop computer wthen the proccessor goes too much high temp the main circuit suddenly shutdown. im not a drone or any aircraft expert but only my opinion, sorry for my english so bad im part of asia :)
This is my favorite picture.
a5974464-210-Burned-Phantom.jpg

Yea keep up the good work Troy those of us that actually still own solo appreciate all the time you've put into informing us since day one. It's hillarious folks criticize him posting a solo video on the solo discussion here at 3dr pilots then start posting totally off topic vids about things that no one here cares about even a little. This isn't rcg or whinny trolls weekly so if your not adding value and likely don't even pilot a 3dr why are you here to see his post anyway.

People are just jealous seeking attention they didn't get as a child, come on most here are grown adults act like it. This threads getting to be an embarrassment to the hobby like the last solo owners thread I tried come on mods take out the trash. I already had to give up on rcgs owners thread don't let it happen here as well. If you don't like his vids or don't own the product don't watch bye I'm sure there a support group or forum for whinny trolling somewhere online. Not trying to argue but come on guys this is the best thing you can find to do.

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44