Prop Adapters for Stock Solo

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I'm new to the forum but have been lurking around for awhile... Anyway I thought it would be nice to have prop adapters for the solo so we can use any prop we would like, not just the master airscrew and stock 3dr props. I have created a CAD drawing and am wondering if others have interest in this as well? prototyping is expensive so I wouldn't want to do it unless I had considerable interest.

I haven't done the research, but I would think there is something on the market to do this since the Solo motors use standard thread size.
Personally I'm happy with using stock or MA props. Adding prop adaptors just seems like more opportunity to get an imbalance and more vibration.
Might be a fun "science project" though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Everyone,
I'm new to the forum but have been lurking around for awhile... Anyway I thought it would be nice to have prop adapters for the solo so we can use any prop we would like, not just the master airscrew and stock 3dr props. I have created a CAD drawing and am wondering if others have interest in this as well? prototyping is expensive so I wouldn't want to do it unless I had considerable interest.

The APC also work without adapters. Between those three anyone should find all the performance the Solo motors and ESCs are capable of.

Actually there is nothing on the market that will bolt on to the solo motor, due to the shoulder below the thread. There aren't any carbon fiber options that i know of either... I was just looking for an option to expand what is currently available, as the stock props are expensive.

Actually there is nothing on the market that will bolt on to the solo motor, due to the shoulder below the thread. There aren't any carbon fiber options that i know of either... I was just looking for an option to expand what is currently available, as the stock props are expensive.
There are currently at least 3 manufacturers of Solo specific props, APC, 3DR & Master Airscrew. There may be more, but that's the 3 I am aware of.

I was talking about prop adapters... Like the thread title? I know about MA, ABC AND 3DR.

I was talking about prop adapters... Like the thread title? I know about MA, ABC AND 3DR.
Sorry about that. Didn't mean to throw your thread off track. Complaining about the expense of the props implies that you are having to buy them, due to breakage? Rather than go through the expense of developing an adapter and having to worry about another piece of fast spinning material, it would be cheaper to do the T-motor upgrade and run what you want. Plus they are a much better and quieter motor than stock.Though you may still need to slow down on having to buy props at all. Here is the link for the upgrade.

I'm aware of the upgrade. Total cost is around $125? Prop adapters, assuming there was a market for them and could be ordered in quantity would be ~$20-25. I was wanting to run carbon fiber props, but props do break and eventually wear out. As to worrying about another piece of spinning metal, these would be cnc'd to very tight tolerances. Anyway, thanks for the input, we're obviously not on the same page, but that's ok. My background is more Diy than probably most Solo owners are willing to deal with.

I'm aware of the upgrade. Total cost is around $125? Prop adapters, assuming there was a market for them and could be ordered in quantity would be ~$20-25. I was wanting to run carbon fiber props, but props do break and eventually wear out. As to worrying about another piece of spinning metal, these would be cnc'd to very tight tolerances. Anyway, thanks for the input, we're obviously not on the same page, but that's ok. My background is more Diy than probably most Solo owners are willing to deal with.

If you are DIY and want gains have you already done the motor upgrade? If not many would suggest that you are missing out on one of the best DIY projects except for a GPS upgrade.

It's in the long term plans, just not immediately. What type of gains are people seeing from the tmotors?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc