"Preflight Update" after doing a reset?

Reaction score
I just picked up a Solo yesterday, took it home and flew it for about an hour. Everything worked great. The previous owner threw in a Nexus 7 for controlling it, so after I threw the batteries on the charger, I upgraded android on the Nexus and realized they had made a custom wifi password on the controller, so I wasn't able to get in.

I figured I'd just do a reset and be done with it. So I did a reset on the Solo and the controller. It seemed to go okay, but now the controller just sits at a screen that says something about a Preflight Update needed. I can connect to it in the app, and it tells me to switch to my home wifi to download the update. After it downloads, it prompts me to switch back to the Sololink wifi and when I do, it tells me to connect to the home wifi again to download the update. It's infuriating.

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to fix this. I checked for an unseated SD card in the controller, tried resetting the Solo again (but it won't reset at all now), I even tried updating the firmware with the solo cli, but it is riddled with bugs and I couldn't get it working at all. Is there anything I can do about this? I know it flies perfectly! I can't figure out why it won't work at all just because I did a reset?

Reactions: nomercycsgod
I just picked up a Solo yesterday, took it home and flew it for about an hour. Everything worked great. The previous owner threw in a Nexus 7 for controlling it, so after I threw the batteries on the charger, I upgraded android on the Nexus and realized they had made a custom wifi password on the controller, so I wasn't able to get in.

I figured I'd just do a reset and be done with it. So I did a reset on the Solo and the controller. It seemed to go okay, but now the controller just sits at a screen that says something about a Preflight Update needed. I can connect to it in the app, and it tells me to switch to my home wifi to download the update. After it downloads, it prompts me to switch back to the Sololink wifi and when I do, it tells me to connect to the home wifi again to download the update. It's infuriating.

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to fix this. I checked for an unseated SD card in the controller, tried resetting the Solo again (but it won't reset at all now), I even tried updating the firmware with the solo cli, but it is riddled with bugs and I couldn't get it working at all. Is there anything I can do about this? I know it flies perfectly! I can't figure out why it won't work at all just because I did a reset?

I have the same problem. Its just sitting as a big ass paperweight

I had same problem ,seemed impossible,I finally ,,,very calmly though angry and seeing thru a red haze...carefully followed the preflight update instructions ...and it worked...I realized I had missed one thing ,so followed carefully and it worked...hopefully you both can get past it RDA,gagebutler

Reactions: RDA
I had same problem ,seemed impossible,I finally ,,,very calmly though angry and seeing thru a red haze...carefully followed the preflight update instructions ...and it worked...I realized I had missed one thing ,so followed carefully and it worked...hopefully you both can get past it RDA,gagebutler

What did you miss? I feel like I did everything correctly. So many people are having this problem.

Yes I have 4 solos and 4 controler, I was having an issue so I thought well I'll just do a factory reset. I've done it many times. No go. Then I thought I'll re install the solo app. Now none of my solos fly due to this issue! Ugh

I can't recall exactly ..please try check each step refer to list may have been pairing .try each step ...refer to list ....seems to me pairing was final problem

No just the one. But with the app reinstall got to update software on app

I got all but one flying with solex but God forbid needing anything reset with solo app

Try this with downed bird .with solo powered up..power on controller and hold fly button at same time hold for 15 seconds..does it prompt pairing request?

It looks like the firmware server might be down. I tried to get the files manually and with the solo-cli and all I get is 403 errors. I sent them an email this morning. We'll see what they say.

Reactions: RDA
Has this issue been resolved? I'm sitting here looking at a controller that says "preflight update" and an app that is looking for solo and had no vehicle detected.
I did the factory reset twice. And it fails the same way.
Please help

I was also stuck in the pre flight update nightmare. I disabled the VPN on my phone and all is fine now. I also disable bluetooth.

Reactions: Wetstone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso