Powering Solo with Mains Power to Download Logs

Reaction score
Has anyone of you smart folks thought about a way to power Solo from mains power via charger for downloading flight logs?

I'm over having to use battery all the time once I get home from flying.

Didn't realize there was a demand for something like that, as this is the first time I have heard of this complaint. What is the issue? Even using a battery with 20% left after flying would power the Solo a very long time with the motors off, and transferring the logs from a day of flying would be pretty quick. Or, if you are on Android, just transfer them from the tablet/phone instead, while the batteries are charging.
Fly Safe..
Jubal

I power my Solo from an old 12V wall wart when I'm doing development.
I added a switch and led to one of my break out boards as shown in the pix.
I'll probably put on the USB conn and a jumper for the OTG signal when I get the time.
Soloctrl sayd battery too low to fly, but then it's not gonna fly while on my bench. ;>)

Attachments

• Power_solo.jpg
    Power_solo.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 31
Depending on how many flights you do and the duration, downloading logs can take ages. Tonight it took nearly 20mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the important stuff is here:
Future of Solo
If you have the Accessory bay USB connection, log downloads are very quick.

You will need a breakout board of some sort. Or some way of connection to the battery bay pins (not recommended)
The Battery connections that come out the Accessory bay connector are good enough to power the Solo for bench top NON MOTOR RUNNING operation. My old wall wart doesn't put out enough power to run the motors, and the controller thinks the voltage is too low to fly so it puts up a warning. neither of which matter fro bench top development.

Are you connecting into the USB connector on Pixhawk? I remember looking at the USB port when I was swapping my HDMI to flat one, looks like a hard to spot to get a connector into quick and easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpeg You need the molex male mating connector which is pretty impossible to get.

I had to get one from a friend of a friend of a friend who is friends with Chris Anderson.

3DR should make those available for purchase by developers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo