"Possible" drone crash with helicopter.

Looks like they've pulled it, I guess it was aliens instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's interesting that story isn't on their site anymore... But yeah why would someone want to fly up to 800ft at night? Night photo?

Here is another link to the story:

Vertical:- Possible drone collides with helicopter in Los Angeles - sUAS News

It seems that it is only speculation that it was a drone. There appears to be no evidence of drone parts, only a lack of feathers that determined it wasn't a bird.
Also, who would be flying at 800' above ground at night (7:30pm).
Why would someone fly to 800' in the dark... sadly, because they can. Someone with more money than brains.
Lets hope it was not a UAV. This is the second story from recent history where aircraft was most likely hit by a UAV. The other as a fixed wing with a slice in the deicer cover from an unknown object.

Reactions: dirkclod
I hope it's not too because it will only add fuel to the fire and reading the posts from the other helicopter pilots they're really getting close to being up in arms. Friends of mine couldn't fight a fire in Cali because someone was flying a drone taking pictures, other friends can't land at crash scenes because someone was flying their drone even after repeatedly being told by police to land it, that was in Cocoa beach Florida. Another work colleague saw one at 1000ft just north of west palm beach international airport. Those are just the ones I know of in the last year. Sad but a few are going to ruin it for the many.

While it certainly could be, I really have a problem with the statement that "There were no feathers or blood, so it had to have been a drone". No, it didn't have to be. It could have been, it might even have likely been, but it didn't have to have been.

Bird strikes don't necessarily need to leave blood, feathers could have all blown away or stayed on the outside. Hell, it could have been someone's balloon to the edge of space payload. I'm not saying it wasn't a drone, but there needs to be more evidence than "I didn't see shit and I can't think of anything else, so it had to be a drone".

All that said, this HAS all been brought on by a small number of idiots who have been and remain intent on ruining the activity for all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig