Polar Pro LED lights not working

Reaction score
I purchased a set of Polar Pro LED lights for my Solo but they don't work. I was wondering if there is a way to check to see if power is getting through to the accessory bay?

You should take a reading on the pins coming out of the expansion board. If you can't work out what pins let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After plugging Solo, I pulled back the rubber surface to get at the 2 wires that went to the lights. What voltage should I get across these 2 wires?
I could also see a small red light blinking from inside the case.

You can even try to follow the circuit board from where you are measuring at the connection to the LED wires to the pins 29 & 30 that are coming out of the expansion port to check if it's not a problem with the PCB circuit.

Reactions: Bushie2016
Thanks for the info, I will give it a try tomorrow as it is nearly midnight here and I think it's time for bed.

That should start to narrow down the source of the problem, if you still have nothing it's more than likely the expansion port connection inside of Solo. It's a PITA to get to but thats where you will want to take a look at next.

I'm in Geelong, Victoria.
I've checked with the info you sent me and it appears that the problem is the drone, and considering it is under warranty, I will be taking it back to the store tomorrow.
Thanks again for your help.
Cheers

Call Polar Pro they will send you a new pair. They have great service.
I've checked with them and they said that it would be replaced, however I believe the problem is internal and since Solo it is still under warranty, I will return it.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers

Wherever you bought it take your polar pro lights and test the new Solo before you leave the store. I got mine at Hardley Normal and have actually been through five Solos all with separate issues before I got what I paid for. Don't settle for anything less than what you paid for.

I can say that when it works Solo is amazing and the PolarPro lights, I won't fly without them now.

Yes, I did purchase them from Harvey Norman and I returned it to the store this morning along with the lights and explanation. Unfortunately the sales person stated that because it was a Public Holiday in Victoria, they couldn't do anything about it, but suggested I get in contact with3DR and ask for a RAN for them to act on.
I think I will get in contact with someone else from the company and see whether or not I can sort out the problem.
This is the second unit I've had, with the first being returned due to a battery failure. I asked them why they couldn't just give me a new battery but was told as per store policy I needed to return all the components.

I was told that I have to give Harvey Norman a Return Authorisation Number from 3DR. It beats my why as the consumer it is my responsibility. I work in consumer electronics and it's the retailers responsibility to contact the manufacturer / distributor not the consumer.

Anyway I went to 3DR each time and provided them with the serial number of Solo, Controller & Gimbal, a detailed description of the fault (sending them a video was often best). Each time 3DR gave me an RA# then back off to Harvey Norman and they replaced the faulty components.

Get in contact with 3DR, lodge a support ticket through the app, then immediately follow up that support ticket via live chat to get it sorted ASAP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig