Peau 3.97 and GoPro settings / software update

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just purchased a Peau 3.97 from a third party. I searched for GoPro settings and found the GoPro settings sticky, which was informative, but are there recommended settings for the 3.97 lens in particular, or tips for using this lens? Any links to more information would be appreciated. Also, the GoPro I bought hasn't been updated. Is it fine to update to the latest software? Any know glitches? The software that Peau installed should still work?

Thanks in advance.

No different, other than anything about keeping props out of the video with medium etc. You won't see props with the 3.97, even in 4K wide. My advice on camera firmware is to not bother. None of the new features are accessible through the Solo's menus and controls, nor will they ever be. And most of them have very limited usefulness while airborne. I think you lose the automatic power on or off or something too, I forget.

Thanks @Pedals2Paddles. The reason I wanted to update is access to the ISO and the fact that the original software does not seem to play well with the gimbal--often loses live view.

The GP update has no bearing on the streaming issue which is a result of the current iOS FW being incompatible with the three plus year old Solo app. As there is no support from 3DR this issue will never be patched.

The generally accepted work around when you expierence streaming blackout is to start recording and then go out and back into the app.

Another option is to purchase the SidePilot app as I understand it patched this issue along with other important improvements.

Reactions: Fenti
The GP update has no bearing on the streaming issue which is a result of the current iOS FW being incompatible with the three plus year old Solo app. As there is no support from 3DR this issue will never be patched.

The generally accepted work around when you expierence streaming blackout is to start recording and then go out and back into the app.

Another option is to purchase the SidePilot app as I understand it patched this issue along with other important improvements.

Thanks, Michael. I haven't been following this issue. I just remember updating my GoPro previous and the streaming issue went away. I guess this was a while ago though when the app was still supported. I dug out an Android tablet and downloaded Solex--another work around ; )

Thanks, Michael. I haven't been following this issue. I just remember updating my GoPro previous and the streaming issue went away. I guess this was a while ago though when the app was still supported. I dug out an Android tablet and downloaded Solex--another work around ; )
I'm an Andyhead but learned long ago the Appleheads are even more religious then we are and although completely convinced the Solex FAR outweighs in benefits as it applies to Solo opps I give basic iOS guidance and let other try to make that sale.

That said, I am gratified you have been saved, at least as it applies to Solo opps! [emoji5]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela