Pause is your best friend.

Reaction score
i
went out tonight to fly another pack and everything loaded up just the way it should.
at about 2 25 seconds into the flight the solo came flying stright back at me full bore.
not knowing what had happened i hit the Pause button and it came to a screeching halt.
i than brought it down to about 15 feet and started flying it around back and forth up and down in and out for the rest of the battery with out any problems what so ever.
landed with out incident.
scarey as hell seeing this coming at you full bore and u didn't do anything to make it do this.

Reactions: DodgeP
Sounds like it was in RTH mode. I have not tested it yet but have heard they really book when returning to home.

Sounds like it was in RTH mode. I have not tested it yet but have heard they really book when returning to home.
that could very well be.
question is how did it get into the rth mode?
i had both hands on the sticks.
could the rth mode be activated from the phone or tablet?
thx Don.

If you lose connectivity it will automatically RTH.

Your logs will show it.

i
went out tonight to fly another pack and everything loaded up just the way it should.
at about 2 25 seconds into the flight the solo came flying stright back at me full bore.
not knowing what had happened i hit the Pause button and it came to a screeching halt.
i than brought it down to about 15 feet and started flying it around back and forth up and down in and out for the rest of the battery with out any problems what so ever.
landed with out incident.
scarey as hell seeing this coming at you full bore and u didn't do anything to make it do this.

I was a little embarrassed to mention it but; almost the same thing happened to me except I panicked and ran solo into my chest, got some nasty blade burns to prove it. One blade broke solo flipped over on its back and wacked the weeds for a few seconds before I shut down the motors.

I'm fine, solo is fine, user error. I have to take Solo off the very fast settings for a while.

If you lose connectivity it will automatically RTH.

Your logs will show it.
nothing showed up on the screen or buzzed on the controler.
my girl friend was in the car watching the video on my s5 phone and she said the only thing she saw besides the video was the word BRAKE.

In my flying I've noticed that RTH books home full speed; depending on your setting. So if you have it on very slow, it will RTH as fast as it will go in the very slow mode.

I was a little embarrassed to mention it but; almost the same thing happened to me except I panicked and ran solo into my chest, got some nasty blade burns to prove it. One blade broke solo flipped over on its back and wacked the weeds for a few seconds before I shut down the motors.

I'm fine, solo is fine, user error. I have to take Solo off the very fast settings for a while.
glad to hear u are ok.
those props could get real nasty.
i have scars on both hands from model airplane props over the last 50 years.
several required stitches.

Dirby the best thing you can do is go back to your open field and try to force it into every mode possibly. As an example fly it out 1000 feet and point the controller the other way. Force it into is own RTH. The see how it reacts.

Every one should know how these thing act under controlled circumstances. With 1000' you will have time to observe and then put it back in fly mode.

I have not found a way to set rth height. I hope I can as I would like it to come home at about 250'. It sucks dropping down low behind 80 foot trees and only having a 66' RTH.

I need to do testing as I am lacking a lot of info.

Dirby the best thing you can do is go back to your open field and try to force it into every mode possibly. As an example fly it out 1000 feet and point the controller the other way. Force it into is own RTH. The see how it reacts.

Every one should know how these thing act under controlled circumstances. With 1000' you will have time to observe and then put it back in fly mode.

I have not found a way to set rth height. I hope I can as I would like it to come home at about 250'. It sucks dropping down low behind 80 foot trees and only having a 66' RTH.

I need to do testing as I am lacking a lot of info.

I could be wrong but today I RTH a couple of times on my own after I raised the ceiling from 150' to 250' and I think but don't quote me on this, RTH height may be dependent on your max height.. I say that because when I RTH at 250' it seems to climb to about 200 before it started to RTH.

Ok thanks. Will play with that. I also tried to set me ceiling at unlimited but kept coming back to 400. Might be related to being inside and no GPS or ready to fly status.

Hoping the add more features to the app.. missing some of my phantom stuff.

The manual states the RTH altitude is 98 feet. If it is below this altitude it will climb to 98 feet and RTH. if it is higher it will stay at that altitude. I was reading on another forum where they think there may be a bug in the RTH altitude because it was reported that some were flying RTH as low as 40 feet. I'm not sure the RTH altitude can be changed. hoping an update to the app will allow that to be changed. Depending where you are, you may need a lot more than 98 feet. And 98 feet. How did they come up with that? Why not 100?

Reactions: rrmccabe
Rich, Have you tried setting the RTH in the Tower app? I know that is how some are doing it.

nothing showed up on the screen or buzzed on the controler.
my girl friend was in the car watching the video on my s5 phone and she said the only thing she saw besides the video was the word BRAKE.
Look at the logs. The answer is likely there.

went out again this morning.
from the time i turned everything on to take off and landing everything went perfect.
not one error or glitch.
took about 22 seconds for the hit fly to start motors to appear.
worked great.

Yep. Pause is great. Especially when learning to fly in manual mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela