OpenSolo alternate gimbal?

Reaction score
Hello all. I am considering a Pixhawk Cube with the Sololink iMx6 and 3DR controller. I am aware the stock Solo gimbal is Mavlink but was wondering does Opensolo allow for an alternate conventional PWM or SBUS gimbal and will the Solo remote still show "Gimbal Not Found".

I am interested in the guts of the solo but for a heavy and don't want to have to use a 3DR Solo gimbal.

If it doesn't my alternate idea was some Arduino trickery to somehow mimic the Solo gimbal but hopeful the Opensolo team considered alternate gimbal control.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks

I seem to recall in my research that if using a Storm 32 gimbal controller, there was a way to suppress the alert. Perhaps some others can confirm.

FWIW, I followed Drone Worships guide on You Tube to at least get an inexpensive, functional gimbal that will allow me to control pitch from the solo remote. Others may have a more mature set-up.

Reactions: cda725
I believe you are right. There also appears to be some issues between Ollie and the Ardu team for some reason. I will dig into it further. Thank you for the info!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela