Open solo 4 vs stock settings

Reaction score
Hello,
Love this forum,
Question:
I have 3 SOLOS, they all fly perfectly but am wondering what are the benefits of installing open solo 4 versus using the factory setup?
I have Solex and side pilot because sometimes all I have with me is my phone, but am curious if I’m missing out on some cool stuff with not having open Solo 4.
Please advise and fly safely.
Matman

Read this

Reactions: Matman
I trust it more than the old 3DR app since many problems have been corrected. Easy to install.

Reactions: Matman
Hello is it possible after having updated the solo with open solo 4 to return to the original installation.

thank you !!!!!

Why would that be 'necessary' given the OS4 is a much better system?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wetstone
Hello, it's just because since I opened solo 4 I have no more video feedback, can you help me?

Things to try:

I recall a camera model selection list, but that may have been 3DR.

Check gimbal connections.

Connect camera directly to the HDMI cable as you would with a fixed mount.

Assuming you installed the OS4 reset partitions then try a factory reset. DO NOT FACTORY RESET IF YOU SKIPPED THE 'RESET PARTITIONS' STEP.

^^ What he said. Virtually certain that this has nothing at all to do it open solo. Also, pull the battery out of your GoPro and put it back in. The GoPro is a flaming piece of crap and most video problems revolve entirely around that camera rather than the rest of the system.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc