Open Solo 3.0.0 back to 2.4.2

Reaction score
Website
www.robertpower.com.au
Is there a way to go back to Solo 2.4.2 from Open Solo 3.0.0 ? If yes, can it be done through Solex. I know some might say this is a backward step but it maybe the only way for me to fly my bird with my Nikon J5 and mount, see post

Is there a way to go back to Solo 2.4.2 from Open Solo 3.0.0 ? If yes, can it be done through Solex. I know some might say this is a backward step but it maybe the only way for me to fly my bird with my Nikon J5 and mount, see post

So I opened the 3dr app and downloaded the 2.4.2 files but when i connect to the solo it says i have 3.0.0 and wont let me downgrade, is there a way around this? Really want to try 2.4.2 on my bird to see if it will fly without the shakes, have tried everything else.

I suspect you would have to do this manually instead of using solex. Unfortunately I don't know enough about downgrading to be able to offer any advice about possible side effects.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I suspect you would have to do this manually instead of using solex. Unfortunately I don't know enough about downgrading to be able to offer any advice about possible side effects.

Thanks for the reply, I think you are right, I can't go back, its a shame I would love to work out why my mount won't fly on a 3.0.0 bird (have two of them) but fine on a 2.4.2 bird.

Reactions: Doug Veraska
If you just want to install the version of ArduCopter that came with 2.4.2, then you can download and install that manually just like you would with any other ArduCopter firmware file. Download the PX4 file here (3drobotics/ardupilot-solo), put it in the /firmware/ directory on your solo, and reboot. This applies to stock Solos only, not for Green Cubes. There is no need to go back to 2.4.2 since the IMX has no bearing on flight stability.

If you actually want to go back to the complete old 2.4.2 firmware, you'll have to figure that out on your own. It is easy to do, and can be done the same way Open Solo is installed. However, I will not be creating a method to do that, as I have enough to do without trying to go backwards. Nor am I going to spend time providing people instructions to do it and supporting it.

I could be wrong, but if you do a manual factory reset, I think it will go back to the original firmware. Others in this forum would know better than me I'm sure.

The open solo installation procedure also replaces the recovery partition with Open Solo. So that will not get you back to the old 3DR stuff.

Thanks all. I'll get-er-done sooner or later. Turned 69 today, and my poor old brain is showing it's age. The things that used to be simple and automatic, now are a chore. I did finally get Solex to update to the newest version, so I'm a little further down the road to getting this stuff back into my poor old head.:)

Thanks all. I'll get-er-done sooner or later. Turned 69 today, and my poor old brain is showing it's age. The things that used to be simple and automatic, now are a chore. I did finally get Solex to update to the newest version, so I'm a little further down the road to getting this stuff back into my poor old head.:)
Happy birthday Frank and good luck!

Thanks for the links jimloss. I have successfully re installed 2.4.2 (on new SD cards) and the bird flies fine with my camera mount. Now I know this is supposed to happen but...... I am lost, the only thing i can think of is weight but as its been said, that shouldn't matter if its 2.4.2 or 3.0.0

Thank you all that replied to my post, the result doesn't make sense but its flying and that's the main thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso