Odd question about the solo's altitude recognition...

Doc

Reaction score
Hi all!

I have an odd question but can't find an answer and hoped someone might have an answer for me.

While I am aware of the drones capabilities and it's max altitude, from sea level, what happens at height or indeed from a raised sea level altitude?
For example; if I film a hydro electric dam, from the top of the dam and it is 1200ft above sea level, while the drone will recognise the dam as its starting point as "0", if I were to go below that level to look UP at the dam, that would be a negative altitude....does this matter or will it freak out and come back?

I just want to know if I can send the drone lower than its starting point and how that will affect it.

Thanks in advance and I hope it makes sense :)

It's also not 400 feet above sea level. It's 400 feet above/below take off/home point unless you disable max altitude in the app. So basically +/- 400 feet from home/takeoff point.

Bonjour,

So I understand that altitude is calculated by "barometric" sensor, and not by GPS triangulation ; this sensor records automatically a QFU at Solo calibration, right ?
Anyone knows where is this barometric sensor located in the Solo ?

Bonjour,

So I understand that altitude is calculated by "barometric" sensor, and not by GPS triangulation ; this sensor records automatically a QFU at Solo calibration, right ?
If I'm not mistaken, it's in your phone or tablet, odd as it may seem.

Bonjour,

There are 2 barometers in the Pixhawk 2 and are part of the flight controller.

If I'm not mistaken, it's in your phone or tablet, odd as it may seem.
No, they're both in Solo. Barometer is used on the phone/tablet only during certain follow-me smart shots to follow you up/down a hill, and only if you are using a current iOS device from the last year or so.

Reactions: Jbmanning5

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44