October updates...

Maybe hel chime in but I think it was Ian said it's supposed to be October 3rd and he mentioned some fixes and stabilization, I'd have to find the thread to say what else though.

Just opened my solo ap and here's what I saw under settings :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-06-13-56-18.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-06-13-56-18.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 60
Let us know how this is affecting your solos. This could be the tipping point of me getting a solo or a yuneec g500.

Let us know how this is affecting your solos. This could be the tipping point of me getting a solo or a yuneec g500.

Don't buy Solo or Yuneec yet. Take the money and buy 5 Call Options in GoPro at a strike price of $30, sell at the 30.5 Strike, take the profits and buy an I1 Professional.

I flew my solo last night after updating and it performed perfectly. I took it out to about 800 feet and still had 3 bars. I'm in a fairly congested wifi area so I was pretty impressed with that. Also the gimbal seemed smoother and never twitched or went limp. That being said, I wasn't really having a problem before the update. I only lost link once (I was flying in a very WiFi congested area) and I had my gimbal go limp on me once for about 3 seconds. After rerouting the control/HDMI cables it never happened again.

The auto power down of the gopro is a nice addition, but I wish there was a way to disable it. Also, I wish it also turned the gopro on.

I just had the same thought after flying tonight with the update, why wouldn't it turn the gopro on when powered up if it turns the gopro off when powered off? Gimbal performance seems better, although that may have been since I pushed the cables a little bit further away from the motor.

Just took mine out for the test flight. All is good. One thing I noticed I had 7 sats. before I could get the app up and running. Went out to 2000 feet at 180 ft of altitude and still had 3 bars on the WiFi. Video streaming was good, no gimbal problems.
Flew in behind some trees at about 1500 feet out and was still good with the connection.
I would say it is an improvement!

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Well this is promising. I would like to hear some more stories folks, keep em coming.

Flew two full batteries last night, no flop (which has occurred every time I flew before the update) and the fastest GPS lock ever. I have routinely taken off in manual, gained some altitude, hovered to get a good home lock, then flew off. By the time I had the app open, I already had lock. Very happy with the update. I really like the GoPro auto-shutdown, as I have forgotten to turn it off on a couple of occasions ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig