Noob Gimbal Issue

Reaction score
Hello All
Just got a Solo last week and finally got it out for my first real flight this morning. My issue is that my gimbal is tilted and to the left so the videos are crooked and show the left leg. The instructions said no counter weights were needed for the Hero4 Black so I didn't add any. What's going on here? I'm completely new to drones aside from a Walmart cheapy I got good at flying before I splurged on a real one. Here are the first videos I shot. One up high was 4k wide one of the truck was 1080 narrow. If you guys notice any other issues please point them out.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

check out this clip. Perhaps your wiring is obstructing the motor movement inside the bay

around 8:20 is where you should focus.

This is assuming you went through all updates and accelerometer calibration of course.

Reactions: Solo Keith and ARS1
It did update but how do you do an accelerometer calibration?

It appears you have a limp gimbal. Most likely the HDMI cable is interfering with the gimbal motors. There are several threads and videos about this particular issue. If your ok with taking a few screws out and taking a look inside, I would probably recommend that after of course taking a look at some of the threads. Welcome to SOLO world. Its a blast (;

Thanks guys I'll take it off and check it out. I installed it myself so I'd be willing to bet that's the issue...

The "truck" video looks fine- no gimbal tilt. The tilt in the 4K is bad and not normal.

When shooting in "wide" it's not unusual to occasionally get the front left leg in the shot.

When Solo is on the ground, is the gimbal tilted? Can you move it up & down with the paddle on the left side of the controller?
Is the light on back of the gimbal green?

Now I'm confused I took this pic after turning it on

Then after a few seconds it moved and seems to sit level and straight. Did I start flying it to soon before it leveled out? If it's not completely level will the camera level even though the solo isn't then stay there so when the solo is level now the camera isn't? Here's a pic after it leveled out

You need to let it sit when powering on. It is in the initialize phase for a few seconds.

I found that occasionally it takes up to 30 seconds before the gimbal levels out. If you still have problems my guess would be some sort of cable obstruction.

Man I'm on quite a few forums and I have to say this one is the best! You guys are awesome and the responses are almost instantaneous. I really appreciate all the help and looks like I've found my Drone home...

Reactions: Les

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks